Graduate Foundations of Entrepreneurship Online Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Foundations of Entrepreneurship I
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certiﬁcates in Foundations of Entrepreneurship I and II focus on helping you build your entrepreneurial mindset and skillset. Foundations of Entrepreneurship I provides the tools to get you started as you develop your business. Foundations of Entrepreneurship II provides a set of leadership skills to guide you as you build your new and successive ventures.
This entrepreneurship development program introduces the primary building blocks to get your new venture started, including pitching ideas and ﬁnding success after launching your business. Offered through Drexel’s Charles D. Close School of Entrepreneurship, the ﬁrst accredited, independent school of entrepreneurship in the nation, this program is designed to beneﬁt both recent graduates and established professionals.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
Foundations of Entrepreneurship I is a certiﬁcate program perfect for anyone interested in learning how to start a new venture. Whether you are in an established company looking to bring entrepreneurial thinking to the table, or would like to learn more about starting your own business, this certiﬁcate gives you the tools to be the entrepreneur of your own life.
What Will I Learn in the Foundations of Entrepreneurship I Certificate?
This certificate introduces a range of foundational tools used by successful entrepreneurs in pursuit of opportunity – tools that can be applied in a new venture or an established company.
You will learn how to:
- Think entrepreneurially
- Evaluate business opportunities
- Develop a compelling business model and pitch
- Manage the growth of your venture
How Will I Apply What I Learn?
As an entrepreneur, you create your own opportunities. Entrepreneurs are an integral part of the business world and can ﬁnd opportunities at every level. Some entrepreneurs aim to start their own businesses, while others might help expand a start-up. Many entrepreneurs also ﬁnd roles in established businesses, where they can bring fresh ideas into a corporate culture.
- 100% online
- Learn from full-time professors and adjuncts with years of real-world experience with start-ups and established companies
- Apply credits earned in this program to the online MS in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- This certificate can be stacked with other entrepreneurship certificates
- Utilize the resources available through the Laurence A. Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship, the Close School’s hub of experiential learning
- Graduate Certificate in Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Entrepreneurship II
- Graduate Certificate in New Venture Creation
- Graduate Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship
- MS in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|ENTP 501||Entrepreneurship Practice and Mindset||3.0|
|ENTP 515||Pitch It!||3.0|
|ENTP 671||Life After Launch||3.0|
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Personal statement (500 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular program,
- Your short and long-term career plans, and
- How your background, experience, interest, and/or values, when combine with a Drexel degree, will enable you to pursue your goals successfully
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1100 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022