Online Pharmaceutical Design and Manufacturing Certification
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing
The hybrid Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing addresses many topics that are relevant to the design and manufacture of pharmaceutical products and medical devices while maintaining regulatory compliance.
This certificate prepares professionals to apply engineering principles to design appropriate manufacturing processes, evaluate material use, energy consumption, waste generation, and economics, and gain knowledge of the regulatory requirements specific to pharmaceutical and medical devices and the process for obtaining approvals.
Upon completion, you may use the certificate to fulfill electives for master’s or doctorate degrees in engineering disciplines.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CHE 571||Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Manufacturing I||3.0|
|CHE 572||Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Manufacturing II||3.0|
|Foundation Courses (Choose Two)||6.0|
|Transport Phenomena in Biological Systems|
|Unit Operations in Bioprocess Systems|
|Introduction to Project Management|
or EGMT 620
|or Engineering Project Management|
|Elective Courses (Choose Two, including any Foundation Course not taken)||6.0|
|Medical Sciences I|
|Entrepreneurship for Biomedical Engineering and Science|
|Biomedical Ethics and Law|
|Medical Device Development|
|Medical Instrumentation I|
|Medical Instrumentation II|
|Data Analysis in Biosciences|
|Engineering Economic Evaluation & Analysis|
|Ethics & Business Practices for Engineers|
|Marketing: Identifying Customer Needs|
|New Product Conceptualization, Justification, and Implementation|
|Value Creation through New Product Development|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences from an ABET accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- Bachelor's degrees in math or the physical sciences may also be considered
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0. If any other graduate work has been completed, the average GPA must be at least 3.0.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience preferred
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
Use the Apply Now form to get started.
Previously enrolled at Drexel? Learn more about readmission.
Any problems? Find help or contact us.