Online Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science
The demand for workers with artificial intelligence and machine learning skills is far outpacing the supply. Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science aims to fill that gap. These online AI courses prepare you with foundational skills that help you succeed in the field. This certificate provides the quantitative foundation, data analysis and interpretation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and deep learning necessary for in-demand positions in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
What is the Difference Between Data Science and Machine Learning?
Drexel’s online graduate program in AI and machine learning focuses on the intersection of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science, where applications of predictive modeling can help make sense of enormous amounts of data. While data science and machine learning overlap in many ways, there are a few key differences between the two. Data science is primarily concerned with the data itself, organizing and analyzing it to help businesses make decisions. Machine learning focuses on programming machines to properly learn from and use the data collected. A machine learning engineer looks at the models created by data scientists and produces that model.
Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Program Features
- 100% online
- Five-course, 15-credit program
- Offered by Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science may be stacked with other certificates to customize your education and/or earn credits toward a master's degree in Data Science or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Find out more about how a certificate in data science could benefit you.
- MS in Data Science
- MS in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Computational Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Introduction to Data Science
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|DSCI 501||Quantitative Foundations for Data Science||3.0|
|DSCI 521||Data Analysis and Interpretation||3.0|
|DSCI 631||Applied Machine Learning||3.0|
or CS 570
|Introduction to Programming
|CS 502||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|CS 503||System Basics|
|CS 510||Introduction to Artificial Intelligence|
|CS 613||Machine Learning|
|CS 615||Deep Learning|
|DSCI 591||Data Science Capstone I|
|DSCI 592||Data Science Capstone II|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 in a prior completed degree, bachelor's and above
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are not required
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1355 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.