Online Data Science Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Data Science
The online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Data Science is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the emerging field of data science, with a focus on applied techniques. The interdisciplinary curriculum of this online data science certificate covers data organization and stewardship, mining, retrieval, visualization and analytics.
This program may also serve as an entry point to the MS in Data Science, if completed with predetermined grade requirements.
Learn more about the 4 fastest growing jobs in the field.
Upon completing Drexel’s online data science certificate program, you will be able to:
- Identify and apply appropriate methods that address data-intensive problems
- Interpret and communicate the output of statistical and algorithmic methods
- Work and communicate in team settings across disciplines
- Harvest, collect, and integrate diverse data to produce valued project resources
- Motivate the use of computational tools and algorithms to satisfy business needs
- Add value to existing data sources through annotation and cleaning
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|DSCI 511||Data Acquisition and Pre-Processing||3.0|
|DSCI 521||Data Analysis and Interpretation||3.0|
|INFO 590||Organization of Data and Information|
|INFO 591||Data and Digital Stewardship|
|INFO 623||Social Network Analytics|
|INFO 624||Information Retrieval Systems|
|INFO 633||Information Visualization|
|INFO 634||Data Mining|
|INFO 659||Introduction to Data Analytics|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- 3.0 GPA preferred in a prior completed degree, bachelors or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021