Online Data Science Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Data Science
The online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Data Science is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the emerging field of data science, with a focus on applied techniques. The interdisciplinary curriculum of this online data science certificate covers data organization and stewardship, mining, retrieval, visualization and analytics.
This program may also serve as an entry point to the MS in Data Science, if completed with predetermined grade requirements.
Learn more about the four fastest growing jobs in the field.
Upon completing Drexel’s online data science certificate program, you will be able to:
- Identify and apply appropriate methods that address data-intensive problems
- Interpret and communicate the output of statistical and algorithmic methods
- Work and communicate in team settings across disciplines
- Harvest, collect, and integrate diverse data to produce valued project resources
- Motivate the use of computational tools and algorithms to satisfy business needs
- Add value to existing data sources through annotation and cleaning
- MS in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Computational Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Introduction to Data Science
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|DSCI 511||Data Acquisition and Pre-Processing||3.0|
|DSCI 521||Data Analysis and Interpretation||3.0|
|CS 570||Programming Foundations|
|DSCI 501||Quantitative Foundations of Data Science|
|DSCI 631||Applied Machine Learning for Data Science|
|DSCI 632||Applied Cloud Computing|
|INFO 590||Foundations of Data and Information|
|INFO 591||Data and Digital Stewardship|
|INFO 623||Social Network Analytics|
|INFO 624||Information Retrieval Systems|
|INFO 633||Information Visualization|
|INFO 659||Introduction to Data Analytics|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- 3.0 GPA preferred in a prior completed degree, bachelors or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1396 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 21, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.