Online Graduate Certificate in Library Studies
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Community-Based Librarianship
The online Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Librarianship program at Drexel is geared toward civic engagement, diversity, and positive social justice outcomes. This 9-credit certificate includes courses on data analytics, community-based data and services, design thinking for community digital service, and a hands-on capstone project.
Drexel’s online graduate certificate in library science focuses on community-based librarianship, providing in-depth knowledge of the use of libraries as centers for community support and engagement and advanced digital and services in libraries. The curriculum addresses today’s pressing challenges including information literacy, global competence, responsible citizenship, and creative and critical thinking.
- Opportunities to network with fellow community members to co-develop programs and solutions
- Open to professionals and para-professionals from any background
- May serve as entry to MSI in Library & Information Science program
- Focuses on community programming and outreach
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
Drexel's school year is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system). The expected duration of the certificate program is approximately nine months. To complete the certificate, you'll take 3 courses. Each course lasts for one, 10-week quarter. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|INFO 546||Data Analytics for Community-Based Data and Service||3.0|
|INFO 547||Design Thinking for Digital Community Service||3.0|
|INFO 890||Capstone Project||3.0|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelors or above
- Provisional admission may be granted with work experience for those with a GPA below 3.0
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how Drexel's program facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
You must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum configuration outlined in the College of Computing and Informatics's Computer and Technology Requirements Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1396 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.