Online Computer Data Science Mining Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computational Data Science
The online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computational Data Science is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the emerging field of data science, with a focus on computational and systems issues. In Drexel’s data mining certificate, the technical depth of the courses provides current practitioners with the quantitative skills to become leaders in the data science industry.
This program may also serve as an entry point to the MS in Data Science.
Learn more about the 4 fastest growing jobs in the field.
Upon completing Drexel’s online data science systems certificate, you will be able to:
- Analyze a problem and identify and define the data analysis, computing and result presentation requirements to its solution
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science fundamentals in the modeling and design of data analysis systems
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based data analysis system process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- Function effectively on a team to design and implement a computer-based data analysis system
- Understand the implementation and use of existing data science tools and systems
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|DSCI 511||Data Acquisition and Pre-Processing||3.0|
|DSCI 521||Data Analysis and Interpretation||3.0|
|CS 500||Fundamentals of Databases|
|CS 510||Introduction to Artificial Intelligence|
|CS 583||Introduction to Computer Vision|
|CS 613||Machine Learning|
|CS 615||Deep Learning|
|CS 660||Data Analysis at Scale|
|CS 661||Responsible Data Analysis|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Math (plus programming) from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- Those without a prior degree in one of these subjects may have to take additional prerequisites before pursuing advanced computer science courses
- 3.0 GPA preferred in a prior completed degree, bachelors or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
April 6, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021