Online Computer Data Science Mining Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computational Data Science
The online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computational Data Science is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the emerging field of data science, with a focus on computational and systems issues. In Drexel’s data mining certificate, the technical depth of the courses provides current practitioners with the quantitative skills to become leaders in the data science industry.
This program may also serve as an entry point to the MS in Data Science.
Learn more about the 4 fastest growing jobs in the field.
Upon completing Drexel’s online data science systems certificate, you will be able to:
- Analyze a problem and identify and define the data analysis, computing and result presentation requirements to its solution
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science fundamentals in the modeling and design of data analysis systems
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based data analysis system process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- Function effectively on a team to design and implement a computer-based data analysis system
- Understand the implementation and use of existing data science tools and systems
- MS in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Introduction to Data Science
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|DSCI 511||Data Acquisition and Pre-Processing||3.0|
|DSCI 521||Data Analysis and Interpretation||3.0|
|CS 500||Fundamentals of Databases|
|CS 510||Introduction to Artificial Intelligence|
|CS 583||Introduction to Computer Vision|
|CS 613||Machine Learning|
|CS 615||Deep Learning|
|CS 660||Data Analysis at Scale|
|CS 661||Responsible Data Analysis|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Math (plus programming) from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- 3.0 GPA preferred in a prior completed degree, bachelors or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1355 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.