Online Computer Data Science Mining Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computational Data Science
The online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computational Data Science is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the emerging field of data science, with a focus on computational and systems issues. In Drexel’s data mining certificate, the technical depth of the courses provides current practitioners with the quantitative skills to become leaders in the data science industry.
This program may also serve as an entry point to the MS in Data Science.
Learn more about the four fastest growing jobs in the field.
Upon completing Drexel’s online data science systems certificate, you will be able to:
- Analyze a problem and identify and define the data analysis, computing and result presentation requirements to its solution
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science fundamentals in the modeling and design of data analysis systems
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based data analysis system process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- Function effectively on a team to design and implement a computer-based data analysis system
- Understand the implementation and use of existing data science tools and systems
- MS in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Data Acquisition and Pre-Processing
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
|Fundamentals of Databases
|Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
|Introduction to Computer Vision
|Data Analysis at Scale
|Responsible Data Analysis
- A four-year bachelor's or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related STEM degree, plus work experience equal to Drexel's Graduate Certificate in Computer Science Foundations
- 3.0 GPA preferred in a prior completed degree, bachelors or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation required, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1396 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024