Certificate in Healthcare Informatics Program Online
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics
What Is Health Informatics?
Health Informatics is "the interdisciplinary study of the design, development, adoption and application of IT-based innovations in healthcare services delivery, management and planning." Source: National Institutes of Health
Simply put, Health Informatics allows health professionals to effectively use technology to provide superior patient care by staying organized and up to date.
Drexel's accredited online Certificate in Healthcare Informatics is designed for information professionals, clinical personnel and health care support personnel who want to increase their knowledge of health information technology and prepare for the management of the complex social and organizational issues surrounding this major change in health care.
The program provides the groundwork for improved ability to serve as a liaison to clinicians, health care administrators and other health care professionals as well as non-health care professionals in the use of current and emerging computer technologies. Upon graduating, you'll be able to take on additional health care IT-related responsibilities or embark upon new careers as managers or developers of health care IT systems.
Learn more about the four fastest growing jobs in the field.
Health Informatics Program Features
- Fully online program convenient for busy professionals
- Taught by the distinguished faculty of the College of Computing and Informatics
- Drexel University is a charter member of the American Medical Informatics Association Academic Forum
- A highly interactive, online learning environment designed to challenge and engage
Health Informatics Career Outlook
Jobs in Medical Records and Health Information Technician roles are projected to increase by 15% by 2024 (29,000 jobs) - higher than the nationwide average of 7% across all professions.
Drexel's 10,000 Hours Podcast: Michelle Rogers
Technology is the solution for everything, right? Well, yes and no. Here, Michelle Rogers, an associate professor at Drexel, talks about how technology is helping our health care system – and how it still has a long way to go.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|INFO 648||Healthcare Informatics||3.0|
|Choose 2 of the following:|
|Social Network Analytics|
|Introduction to Data Analytics|
|Managing Health Informatics Projects|
|Healthcare Informatics: Planning & Evaluation|
|Public Health Informatics|
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation required, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1396 per credit.
For academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024