Certificate in Healthcare Informatics Program Online
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics
What Is Health Informatics?
Health Informatics is "the interdisciplinary study of the design, development, adoption and application of IT-based innovations in healthcare services delivery, management and planning." Source: National Institutes of Health
Simply put, Health Informatics allows health professionals to effectively use technology to provide superior patient care by staying organized and up to date.
Drexel's accredited online Certificate in Healthcare Informatics is designed for information professionals, clinical personnel and health care support personnel who want to increase their knowledge of health information technology and prepare for the management of the complex social and organizational issues surrounding this major change in health care.
The program provides the groundwork for improved ability to serve as a liaison to clinicians, health care administrators and other health care professionals as well as non-health care professionals in the use of current and emerging computer technologies. Upon graduating, you'll be able to take on additional health care IT-related responsibilities or embark upon new careers as managers or developers of health care IT systems.
Learn more about the 4 fastest growing jobs in the field.
Health Informatics Program Features
- Fully online program convenient for busy professionals
- Taught by the distinguished faculty of the College of Computing and Informatics
- Drexel University is a charter member of the American Medical Informatics Association Academic Forum
- A highly interactive, online learning environment designed to challenge and engage
Health Informatics Career Outlook
Jobs in Medical Records and Health Information Technician roles are projected to increase by 15% by 2024 (29,000 jobs) - higher than the nationwide average of 7% across all professions.
Drexel's 10,000 Hours Podcast: Michelle Rogers
Technology is the solution for everything, right? Well, yes and no. Here, Michelle Rogers, an associate professor at Drexel, talks about how technology is helping our health care system – and how it still has a long way to go.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|INFO 648||Healthcare Informatics||3.0|
|Choose 2 of the following:|
|Social Network Analytics|
|Introduction to Data Analytics|
|Managing Health Informatics Projects|
|Healthcare Informatics: Planning & Evaluation|
|Public Health Informatics|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelors or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021