Graduate Certificate in Substance Use Disorders
Drexel’s accredited online Certificate in Substance Use Disorders provides health care professionals with a comprehensive foundation in the etiology of substance use, the bio-psycho-social nature of addiction, and new cognitive therapies.
The program was designed for those with bachelor's degrees in psychology, social work, nursing, or other allied health professions seeking advanced training in the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders through integrated remedies.
- Students develop advanced evidence-based treatment competencies and comprehensive knowledge of the bio-psycho-social dynamics of substance use
- Includes educational training hours to either obtain or maintain a credential as a drug/alcohol counseling professional
- Addresses the $600 billion in annual costs related to crime, productivity and health care caused by substance abuse
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|BACS 534||Approaches to Substance Use Disorders||3.0|
|BACS 535||Motivational Enhancement Skills||3.0|
|BACS 540||Treatment Planning and Relapse Prevention||3.0|
|BACS 568||Substance Use Counseling with Special Populations||3.0|
|BACS 560||Preventing Substance Use Disorders||3.0|
|BACS 570||Clinical Supervision Skills||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Clinical experience is recommended, but not required
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $692 per credit. (A 40% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1152 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 11, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021