Clinical Research for Nurses Online Master’s Program
NOTE: This program is coming soon. Please fill out the Request More Information form to learn more.
MSN: Clinical Research
This program is not currently accepting applications, while we work on some exciting changes. We encourage you to check back in 2020 for further updates.
Drexel University's accredited online MSN: Clinical Research provides nurses with an opportunity to become leaders in an exciting and constantly-expanding field. Developed by Drexel’s top-ranked College of Nursing and Health Professions, the program is ideal for nurses interested in a career of leading medical innovation through creative problem-solving.
The program provides you with knowledge and skills in several critical areas including phases of clinical research investigation, new drug approval processes, drug protocol development, budgeting for clinical trials, informed consent, patient and family issues, business management and marketing for clinical trials, and applying FDA rules and regulations.
- Ranked #41 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked #16 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report
- The master's degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions that is actively involved in modern clinical research
- A highly-interactive online learning format that challenges and engages students while remaining convenient for working nurses
- Flexible scheduling of clinical practicum in a variety of settings
- Three-year tuition lock for those who complete the program within 3 years
Nurses are in high-demand across the clinical research industry, and many potential employers exist outside of the hospital environment, especially with pharmaceutical and other scientific companies that produce, test and market new products. Graduates of this program go on to succeed in a wide range of professions:
- Clinical Scientists
- Clinical Trials Managers
- Research Coordinators
- Research Developers
A recent graduate of the program, Kelly White, currently works as the Director of Clinical Operations at Merck and encourages other nurses in the pharmaceutical industry to get their MSN in Clinical Research at Drexel. "I am passionate about the role of the nursing professional in clinical research," she said. "Drexel offers a program that equips nurses with foundational knowledge to support patients, families, physicians, hospitals and sponsor organizations across the spectrum of clinical research roles. As the dialogue around how we care for each other deepens, nurses play a critical role in fulfilling models that enable universal access."
For questions, please contact:
Drexel University offers a variety of Graduate Minors that can be added to any master's degree program.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The MSN: Clinical Research program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
Graduate students who utilize student loans (FAFSA) muct maintain a minimum enrollment of 4.5 credits per term.
|NURS 500||Confronting Issues in Contemporary Health Care Environments||3.0|
|NURS 502||Advanced Ethical Decision Making in Health Care||3.0|
|NURS 544||Quality and Safety in Healthcare||3.0|
|RSCH 503||Research Methods and Biostatistics||3.0|
|RSCH 504||Evaluation and Translation of Health Research||3.0|
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Health Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning||4.0|
|NURS 608||Foundations of Good Clinical Practice in Clinical Research||4.0|
|NURS 645||Concepts of Clinical Research Management I||4.5|
|NURS 653||Concepts of Clinical Research Management II||4.5|
|NURS 654||Pre-Practicum (Required for students with less than 1 year of experience in Clinical Research)||1.0|
|NURS 655||Writing for Publication: Introduction Capstone||3.0|
|NURS 668||Practicum, Leadership, and Career Development||5.0|
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a program fully accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN/ACEN) or the American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN/CCNE)
- Nurses with a non-nursing bachelor's may consider applying for the RN-BSN-MSN program to earn both a BSN and MSN concurrently, or apply to the RN to MSN Bridge Program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Those with a lower GPA are encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on their resume for evaluation
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 0-1 is $0 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022