About Online Education at Drexel University
A globally-recognized academic institution, Drexel University gives students the opportunity to learn from the best, with the best, virtually. Consistently ranked as a top university by U.S. News & World Report, Drexel University offers over 180 online degree and certificate programs, using the same accredited curriculum and world-class instructors as its main campus in Philadelphia. 86% of Drexel’s full-time faculty hold the highest degrees in their respective fields, giving students around the globe the experience and advantage of a Drexel education in their own corner of the world.
Attracted by Drexel’s strong academic reputation as a global research university, Drexel students are influential in their own spheres of interest, hailing from some of the top companies, associations, and health systems in the world. As one of only 37 private universities to achieve the coveted R1 research status in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, a Drexel University education not only provides you with an opportunity to learn from decorated academics, but to engage in discourse and network with some of the most forward-thinking research professionals across a multitude of industries.
Is Drexel University Accredited?
Yes, Drexel University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Meeting the stringent criteria for accredited institutions of higher learning, Drexel University is recognized for excellence both regionally and around the globe, offering an exceptional education in a traditional classroom setting, as well as numerous accredited online degree programs across a wide range of academic disciplines.
Learn the differences between regional and national accreditation.
Drexel has a history of innovation when it comes to technology – both in and out of the classroom. In 1983, Drexel became the first university to require that new students have microcomputers. Less than two decades later, in 1996, Drexel University offered accredited online programs to those pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, leading the way among academic institutions in the realm of e-Learning.
In addition to regional accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the university and its online programs are also accredited for excellence by such professional organizations as the American Psychological Association (APA), the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), among others.
The Importance of an Accredited Education
Accredited institutions, such as Drexel University, offer an education that meets specific standards set by a review board that examines the quality and continued development of curriculum. To ensure that there is no bias, accrediting bodies are not affiliated with any government agencies. However, the government does look to accrediting bodies to uphold a high standard among colleges and universities throughout the country.
Degrees earned from accredited universities and colleges further safeguard your education and its impact upon your future career path. When evaluating candidates, most employers look more favorably upon degrees earned from accredited colleges and universities, knowing that prospective employees will be able to put their education to good use in a professional setting.
Your education is an investment in yourself. Learn more about our accredited programs and let Drexel University help you achieve your fullest potential.
Drexel University's Accredited Degrees and National Rankings
Drexel University – Philadelphia's technological university – is among the top 50 private, non-profit, national doctoral/research universities in the U.S. As a pioneer in the e-Learning industry, Drexel has been offering cutting-edge online programs since 1996.
- Regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Ranked as one of "America's Best Colleges" by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked among the "Most Innovative Schools" by U.S. News & World Report
- Winner of the 2010 Sloan-C Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education
- Ranked among the "Best Online Bachelor’s Programs" by U.S. News & World Report
- Winner of USDLA 21st Century Distance Learning Award
- Ranked among the "Best Colleges for Veterans" by U.S. News & World Report
- Winner of the 2018 Campus Technology Impact Awards in the Education Futurists Category for Virtually Inspired
- View all of our accredited online degree programs
College of Arts & Sciences
College of Computing & Informatics
- Accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Accredited by the Computer Science Accreditation Commission (CSAC)
- Accredited by the Computing Sciences Accreditation Board (CSAB)
- Ranked among the "Best Online Graduate Programs" by U.S. News & World Report in Library Science
- One of the 10 largest Online Graduate Library Science Programs in the country
- MS in Health Informatics is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- MS in Library and Information Science is ranked 11th in the nation overall by U.S. News & World Report
- Specialty in Information Systems ranked 5th in the nation overall
- Specialty in Digital Librarianship ranked 6th in the nation overall
- View all of our accredited online computing and informatics degrees
College of Engineering
- Ranked among the "Best Online Graduate Programs" by U.S. News & World Report in Engineering
- Master's in Electrical Engineering Online is ranked among the "Top 50 Electrical Engineering Graduate Degree Programs" by U.S. News & World Report
- The 3rd largest engineering college in the U.S.
- View all of our accredited online engineering degrees
College of Medicine
- Accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) of the America Medical Association (AMA) and Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- National Accrediting Agency for the Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- One of the largest private medical schools in the country
- View all of our accredited online medicine degrees
College of Nursing and Health Professions
- The Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BSN), the Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN), and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs at Drexel University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE,) One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC, 20036, 202-887-6791. These programs and the Post Graduate APRN certificates are also approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- The Physician Assistant program is accredited by ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant)
- Ranked among the “Best Online Graduate Programs” by U.S. News & World Report in Graduate Nursing
- One of the 10 largest Online Graduate Nursing Programs in the country
- View all of our accredited online nursing degrees
Goodwin College of Professional Studies
LeBow College of Business
School of Education
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (all teaching certificate programs can be applied nationwide)
- Ranked among "America's Best Graduate Schools" by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked among the "Best Online Graduate Programs" by U.S. News & World Report
- View all of our accredited online education degrees
School of Public Health
- The Drexel School of Public Health is the only fully-accredited School of Public Health in the Greater Philadelphia region and one of only two in Pennsylvania
- Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Recognized as the #1 School of Public Health in Philadelphia by U.S. News & World Report
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- View all of our accredited online public health degrees