Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership Program Online
Drexel University's Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership provides you with the knowledge, skills, and experience to navigate dynamic changes within higher education. Interdisciplinary courses cover topics related to equity and access, legal and ethical matters, diversity and globalization, policies and practices, risk prevention, technology, and transformative leadership. This program is designed for those who currently work in higher education and are looking to advance in their career, or those looking to transition into a career in higher education.
Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership Program Features
- 100% online
- Nine-credit program that can be completed in less than a year
- Learn from diverse faculty and practitioners with extensive leadership experience within higher education institutions (two-year, four-year, public, private, for-profit), organizations, and agencies
- Customizable assignments that can align with your current or future position
- Real-world and experiential curriculum
- Prepares you for administrative and leadership positions within colleges and universities as well as higher education organizations
Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership
Along with your completed application for Drexel’s higher education leadership certificate, you will need to submit official transcripts, one letter of recommendation, a personal essay, and a resume. For more information regarding required materials, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership vs MS in Higher Education Leadership
In addition to the online higher education leadership certificate, Drexel also offers an online MS in Higher Education Leadership. The master’s degree builds on the foundation concepts covered in the certificate program and is a great option if you are interested in expanding your industry knowledge further and obtaining a graduate degree. In the master’s program, you can specialize in one of six concentrations, including education policy and student development and affairs. Credits earned in Drexel’s online higher education leadership certificate can be applied to the online master’s degree upon acceptance into the program.
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Compliance
- MS in Education Improvement and Transformation
- MS in Higher Education Leadership
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDHE 501||Foundations of Higher Education and Governance|
|EDHE 521||Student Development Theory and Application|
|EDHE 531||Legal Issues & Ethics in Higher Education|
|EDHE 541||Institutional Assessment, Accreditation, and Effectiveness|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal essay
- Describe in up to 500 words why you are applying for this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates are available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024