Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design for e-Learning
Drexel University's online Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design for e-Learning prepares you to apply the principles, theories, models, tools, and techniques of systematic instructional design in diverse e-learning environments. This program is ideal for those interested in designing for preK-12 education, higher education, adult education, workplace training, or other learning and development programs.
Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design for e-Learning Program Features
- 100% online
- Nine-credit program that can be completed in less than one year
- Courses in e-learning design include hands-on design activities using real-world instructional challenges with professional digital tools
- Specifically addresses the needs of the millennial learner and collaborative, networked communities seeking to design e-learning experiences
- Expert faculty with decades of experience with online teaching and learning
- This certificate can be taken on its own, added to other certificates of your choice to create a customized and personalized program of study, or transferred into the MS in Education Improvement and Transformation upon acceptance into the program
Requirements For Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design for e-Learning
To be eligible for this certificate in e-learning design and development program, you must have a bachelor's degree or the equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. Your completed application for Drexel’s online certificate in e-Learning design and development should also include a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or another professional from your workplace. For a full list of requirements, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
Professionals Who Would Benefit From This Certificate
With courses in e-learning design methods, project management, and instruction, Drexel’s online Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design for e-Learning supports professionals in a number of different careers and industries. Ideal for current professionals and newcomers alike, some common professions that could utilize this certificate include:
- Instructional Designer
Instruction design professionals work in a variety of fields. This may mean designing and developing online instruction for preK-12 schools, higher education institutions, or corporations, among other areas.
- Curriculum Creator
Curriculum creators or designers help develop educational programs and materials for schools and businesses.
- Training Provider
A training provider works with a business or organization to create customized training materials and courses.
- PreK-12 Teacher
PreK-12 teachers can utilize instructional design knowledge to ensure their online classes effectively communicate educational concepts and support student needs.
Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design for e-Learning Program FAQs
If I don’t have previous experience designing instruction or learning experiences, can I benefit from this program?
Yes, the program is designed for both novice and experienced students, and the curriculum will adapt to your experience.
Do I need to come to campus at all during my enrollment?
No, the certificate in e-learning design and development program is fully online. Through our learning platform you will be able to interact with other students and instructors.
Do classes meet at a specific time since the program is fully online?
No, the courses in e-learning design are asynchronous, meaning you don’t have to meet at a specific day or time so you can study when you’re available. There are optional synchronous sessions in which you'll have the opportunity to meet with instructors, peers, and guest speakers. All synchronous sessions are recorded and available to those who may not be able to attend.
I have not taken an online course before, should I be concerned?
No, the program is designed so you will be prepared for your online courses. Prior to starting your courses, you can enroll in the Drexel University Online Test Drive that introduces incoming students to Blackboard, which is the Learning Management system we use in this program. Additionally, all courses open one week before they start so you will have access to the syllabus and other key information before your courses begin.
As an online student, do I have access to support services?
Yes, Drexel University provides extensive services to support student success. All students work closely with a Program Manager from point of matriculation through graduation. Students also have access to the Writing Center, Drexel Libraries, Center for Learning and Academic Success, as well as the Steinbright Career Development Center.
- Graduate Certificate in eLearning Leadership
- MS in Education Improvement and Transformation
- MS in Learning Technologies
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDLT 551||Instructional Design Methods||3.0|
|EDLT 552||Instructional Design: Project Management||3.0|
|ELL 503||Teaching and Learning Issues in E-Learning||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in a completed bachelor's and/or master's degree
- Graduate GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA
- Provisional admission may be considered if your GPA is lower than 3.0
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1047 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1396 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 21, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 3, 2022