Graduate Certificate in Learning Analytics Program Online
Drexel University's online Graduate Certificate in Learning Analytics prepares you to make data-driven decisions about education improvement using a broad range of data collection, analytical, and visualization methods. The program is designed to increase the ability of education practitioners to understand and improve instructional processes, comprehend the role of data in organizational change, and lead change in educational systems based on multiple data and information sources.
Graduate Certificate in Learning Analytics Program Features
- 100% online
- Nine-credit learning analytics certificate that can be completed in approximately one year
- Curriculum includes hands-on analytical activities that use real-world data with professional methods and tools
- Learn from instructors in Drexel’s School of Education who are seasoned practitioners and published researchers
- This certificate can be taken on its own, added to other certificates of your choice to create a customized and personalized program of study, or transferred into the MS in Education Improvement and Transformation upon acceptance into the program
Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Learning Analytics Program
To be eligible for Drexel’s online learning analytics program, you should hold a bachelor's degree or the equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. It is not required that your undergraduate degree be in an education or analytics field. For more information regarding program requirements, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
What Can I Do with A Graduate Certificate in Learning Analytics?
A background in learning analytics can benefit learning and development professionals across the industry spectrum. This includes teachers and administrators, but also those working in higher education, learning and development, human resources, and data analytics. Courses in this learning analytics program are specifically tailored to the fields of education and learning, making it easy to immediately translate the skills you learn into an education setting.
Those who could benefit from this learning analytics certificate include:
- Curriculum Creators
- Higher Education Faculty and Administrators
- Instructional Designers
- Learning and Development Professionals
- Policy Analysts
- PreK-12 Teachers and Administrators
- Training Providers
Graduate Certificate in Learning Analytics FAQs
If I don’t have previous experience with analytics, can I benefit from this program?
Yes, the learning analytics certificate will apply to the novice or experienced analyst, and the curriculum will adapt to your experience.
Do I need to come to campus at all during the program?
No, the program is fully online and interactive.
Do classes meet at a specific time since the program is fully online?
No, classes do not meet at a specific time. Rather, you will have weekly content that you must review along with online discussions you can complete on your own time by a specific deadline.
I have not taken an online course before, should I be concerned?
No, the program is designed so you will be prepared for your online courses. Prior to starting your courses, you can enroll in the Drexel University Online Test Drive that introduces incoming students to online learning. You can also participate in Digital Drexel Dagon Days, which is an orientation that runs before the start of classes each term and is available for both new and returning students. Additionally, all courses open one week before they start so you will have access to the syllabus and other key information before your courses begin.
As an online student, do I have access to support services?
Yes, Drexel University provides extensive services to support student success. All students work closely with a Program Manager from the point of matriculation through graduation. Students also have access to the Writing Center, Drexel Libraries as well as the Steinbright Career Development Center as soon as they are enrolled.
- MS in Education Improvement and Transformation
- MS in Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum: Advanced Studies
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDLT 591||Learning Analytics: Lenses on Students, Teaching, and Curriculum Enactment||3.0|
|EDLT 592||Information Enabled Change in Educational Organizations||3.0|
|EDLT 593||Using Data to Understand Educational Systems||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in a completed bachelor's and/or master's degree
- Graduate GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA
- Provisional admission may be considered if your GPA is lower than 3.0
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1017 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1355 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022