Graduate Certificate in Organization and Talent Development (OTD) Program Online
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Organization and Talent Development is the only post-baccalaureate professional development and micro-credential in the areas of talent development, coaching and mentoring, and organization development and change offered at a university. Designed specifically for those who are new to the field, through the graduate certificate in organizational development you’ll gain access to Drexel’s distinctive blend of theory, practice, and problem-based action learning to ensure you’re prepared to facilitate organizational learning, development, and change within your organization.
Graduate Certificate in Organization and Talent Development Program Features
- 100% online
- Aligned with the competencies espoused by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), HR Certification Institute (HRCI), and Organization Development Network (OD Network)
- A unique curriculum that is practice-oriented and evidence-based, providing the benefits of both
- Exposure to the latest trends and tools by faculty who are current organization and talent development practitioners in the field
Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Organization and Talent Development Program
To be eligible for this graduate certificate in organizational development, you must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPAs will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA). Provisional admission may be granted with a GPA between 2.80 to 2.99. Please see the Admissions Criteria page for a full list of application requirements.
What Can I Do with A Graduate Certificate in Organization and Talent Development?
As an organization and talent development professional, you will be able to apply your skills to careers across the industry spectrum. Government, non-profit, military, K-12 and higher education, information technology, retail, and healthcare are all examples of areas that employ organization and talent development professionals.
As a professional in this field, you will help foster an environment where employees can learn and grow to better reach their full professional potential. This may mean, for example, working as a coach or mentor, or designing and implementing programming that aims to improve an organization’s productivity and results.
Positions this certificate could prepare you for include:
- Career Coach
- Human Resource Business Partner
- Organization Development Consultant
- Talent Management Professional
- Training and Development Specialist
Graduate Certificate in Organization and Talent Development Program FAQs
How is a Certificate in Organization and Talent Development (OTD) different from a Human Resource Development (HRD) degree?
The Certificate in Organization and Talent Development is a post-baccalaureate professional development program designed to equip those new to the field with the competencies and capabilities to design and implement talent development and management, coaching and mentoring, and organization development and change initiatives.
The MS in Human Resource Development degree at Drexel is a master’s degree program that prepares more experienced professionals and emerging leaders to implement, manage, and evaluate a wider range of strategic human resources development initiatives such as leadership development, organizational culture change, employee engagement, diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice, employee wellbeing, e-learning, program evaluation, and other workplace practices and interventions.
Can I apply any of the courses from the Certificate in Organization and Talent Development to the MS in Human Resource Development?
The Certificate in Organization and Talent Development is a standalone credential. However, the courses in the graduate certificate in organizational development program can be transferred into the MS in Human Resource Development, or as a stackable credential and concentration in the MS in Education Improvement and Transformation upon acceptance into these programs.
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Compliance
- MS in Education Improvement and Transformation
- MS in Human Resource Development
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EHRD 500||Foundations of Human Resources Development||3.0|
|EHRD 602||Coaching and Mentoring for Sustainable Learning||3.0|
|EHRD 611||Organization Development and Change||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in a completed bachelor's and/or master's degree
- Graduate GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA
- Provisional admission may be considered if your GPA is lower than 3.0
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates are available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024