Graduate Certificate in Student Development and Affairs
The accredited online Graduate Certificate in Student Development and Affairs prepares students to meet the on-going societal changes and transformations that are affecting institutions of higher education. University administrators will need to learn how to make colleges supportive, learning rich environments for all students ranging from traditional students to adult students. The program will help participants learn how to develop policies and practices that allow students to stay connected to each other and the institution in the face of technological and societal trends that will increasingly foster disconnectedness.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Ideal for those who've already earned a bachelor's or master's degree and want to enhance their knowledge and professional credentials without pursing another full degree program
- Drexel was named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report, and our teacher education programs are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDHE 501||Foundations of Higher Education and Governance||3.0|
|EDHE 521||Student Development Theory and Application||3.0|
|EDHE 531||Legal Issues & Ethics in Higher Education||3.0|
|EDHE 541||Institutional Assessment, Accreditation and Effectiveness||3.0|
|EDHE 661||Critical Issues & Risk Management in Student Affairs||3.0|
|EDHE 665||Student Success: Learning and Innovative Support Services||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- The cumulative GPA for graduate course work begun, but not to date completed, will be considered along with an applicant's undergraduate GPA
- Provisional admission may be considered if your undergraduate GPA is between 2.70 to 2.99, but your other admissions materials are strong
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates are available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024