Online Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning helps you build a strong foundation in core components of artificial intelligence and machine learning like algorithms, mathematics, and applications. Designed for those who already have a STEM or computer science background, the certificate gives you the foundational knowledge you need to enter the artificial intelligence field, or can act as a springboard for further academic pursuits.
This 12-credit program consists of four classes: two foundational AI and machine learning courses, and the choice of two electives in topics like robot laboratory, game artificial intelligence, and responsible data analysis. Courses are taught by faculty in Drexel’s respected College of Computing and Informatics.
Credits earned in this certificate may be applied toward the MS in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning.
What is an AI Certificate?
Drexel’s Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning is intended to give you working knowledge of artificial intelligence, a branch of computer science that creates machines that can use human-like intelligence to perform tasks.
What Knowledge is Required for AI?
Helpful Skills For Pursuing AI & Machine Learning
There are some common skills and knowledge that are important for all AI and machine learning professionals to have. You will need an understanding of programing fundamentals, with experience in programing languages like Python and R. A background in math, specifically in areas like statistics and probability, is necessary. And you will be expected to be proficient in working with machine learning algorithms and data structures.
Having an educational background in the field is a great way to break into the job market. A STEM background, with a specific emphasis on computer science, is needed to pursue a degree or certificate in AI and machine learning. To be eligible to pursue Drexel’s online Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, you should have a four-year bachelor's degree or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer science, software engineering or related STEM degree, plus work experience with computing, programming, or related subjects.
Types of AI Careers
Career Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
According to a report from the World Economic Forum, careers in artificial intelligence and machine learning rank high on their list of top 10 emerging global roles. The report shows nearly every industry adopting some sort of technology related to machine learning, and speculates that the rate of automation will continue to grow over the next five years. The World Economic Forum estimates that by 2022 there will be about 133 million jobs in fields related to data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and technology services. This makes it the perfect time to begin pursuing a career in AI and machine learning.
Some common job titles that AI and machine learning professionals will be qualified for are:
- Data Scientist
- Software Engineer
- Deep Learning Engineer
- Algorithm Developer
- Computer Vision Engineer
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CS 510||Introduction to Artificial Intelligence||3.0|
|CS 613||Machine Learning||3.0|
|Elective Courses (Select Two)||6.0|
|CS 511||Robot Laboratory|
|CS 583||Introduction to Computer Vision|
|CS 610||Advanced Artificial Intelligence|
|CS 611||Game Artificial Intelligence|
|CS 612||Knowledge-Based Agents|
|CS 613||Machine Learning|
|CS 615||Deep Learning|
|CS 618||Algorithmic Game Theory|
|CS 630||Cognitive Systems|
|CS 634||Advanced Computer Vision|
|CS 661||Responsible Data Analysis|
|CS 770||Topics in Artificial Intelligence|
|DSCI 631||Applied Machine Learning for Data Science|
|DSCI 691||Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning|
|INFO 629||Applied Artificial Intelligence|
- A four-year bachelor's or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related STEM degree, plus work experience equal to Drexel's Graduate Certificte in Computer Science
- GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Additional requirements for International Students
You must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum configuration outlined in the College of Computing and Informatics's Computer and Technology Requirements Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 11, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.