Online MS in Information Systems
The accredited Master of Science in Information Systems degree program trains systems specialists with the latest technology and techniques to help IT professionals transform their digital platform. The curriculum teaches the application of new technology to today's most pressing computer and information systems problems. Graduates of the program assume senior roles in areas such as information systems analysis and design, requirements engineering, software programming, interface design, and information resources management.
Drexel University is ranked 16th for best online graduate computer information technology programs in 2019 by U.S. News and World Report.
Learn more about the 4 fastest growing jobs in the field.
Upon Graduation, you will be able to:
- Utilize a human-centered approach to analyze information needs and design solutions to meet those needs
- Lead or contribute substantially to a team in developing information technology products and services
- Evaluate, compare, and select from alternative and emerging information technologies
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences about information technology concepts and stakeholder needs
- Contribute substantially to an information technology plan for an organization
- Explain information technology uses, benefits, and ethical and global issues for individuals and organizations
Professional Knowledge for Real-World Application
- Principled Approach - Curriculum focuses on analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, assessment, and enhancement of large-scale information systems
- Career-Oriented - Designed for practicing information systems specialists
- Distinguished Faculty - Taught by the faculty of Drexel University's College of Computing and Informatics
- Highly Interactive - Drexel's online learning method is designed to challenge and engage, while remaining convenient for the working professional
- Flexible - Complete the program at a pace that fits your lifestyle, from one course per term up to a full time credit load (9 or more credits per quarter)
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
You may transfer up to 9 approved credits (3 courses) into the program.
|INFO 532||Software Development||3.0|
|INFO 540||Perspectives on Information Systems||3.0|
|INFO 600||Web Systems & Architecture||3.0|
|INFO 605||Database Management Systems||3.0|
|INFO 608||Human-Computer Interaction||3.0|
|INFO 620||Information Systems Analysis and Design||3.0|
|INFO 646||Information Systems Management||3.0|
|SE 627||Requirements Engineering and Management||3.0|
|SE 638||Software Project Management||3.0|
|Select four of the following:|
|Computer Science Foundations|
|Advanced Programming Techniques|
|Principles of Cybersecurity|
|Advanced Database Management|
|Analysis of Interactive Systems|
|Social Network Analytics|
|Information Retrieval Systems|
|Intro to Web Programming|
|Introduction to Data Analytics|
|Cross-Platform Mobile Development|
|Understanding Users: User Experience Research Methods|
|Prototyping the User Experience|
|Managing Health Informatics Projects|
|Healthcare Informatics: Planning & Evaluation|
|Software Engineering Economics|
|Software Engineering Process|
|Free Electives *||6.0|
*Courses in the distribution set that you do not take to meet that requirement may be taken as free electives. All other masters-level INFO courses may be taken as free electives.
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- Standard Admission: 3.2 GPA in a prior completed degree, bachelors or above
- Provisional Admission: 2.5-3.19 GPA, employed in a related field, post degree. Subject to review. Provisional students must maintain academic progress and may work with an assigned faculty mentor.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
April 6, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021