Online Introduction to Data Science Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Introduction to Data Science
There’s an enormous need across the industry spectrum for professionals with experience in data science. Drexel University’s online Introduction to Data Science Graduate Certificate gives you a solid foundation to help begin your data science career. This program provides basic skills in Python programming, exploratory data analytics using R, and more to ensure you complete the certificate with a well-rounded introduction to data science.
Introduction to Data Science Certificate Program Features
- 100% online
- Five-course, 15-credit program
- Offered by Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Introduction to Data Science may be stacked with other certificates to customize your education and/or earn credits toward a master's degree in Data Science or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Find out more about how a certificate in data science could benefit you.
- MS in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Computational Data Science
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CS 570||Programming Foundations||3.0|
|DSCI 511||Data Acquisition and Pre-Processing||3.0|
|INFO 659||Introduction to Data Analytics||3.0|
|CS 500||Fundamentals of Databases|
|INFO 605||Database Management Systems|
|INFO 623||Social Network Analytics|
|INFO 648||Healthcare Informatics|
|INFO 712||Information Assurance|
|INFO 725||Information Policy and Ethics|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 in a prior completed degree, bachelor's and above
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are not required
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1396 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.