Advanced Certificate in Information Technology Online
Post Master’s Certificate in Information and Technology
This independent study program provides specialized training beyond the master’s program. It's intended for librarians, software engineering, information systems professionals, and specialists in related fields who wish to update their education or develop new expertise.
You'll work with a faculty advisor to design a practical program of study and also complete an independent project which integrates studies, field experiences, individual reading, and work experience. While providing a wide range of professional opportunities, the online Advanced Certificate in Information Studies and Technology program is not researched-oriented, nor intended to provide credits that can be applied toward doctoral studies.
- Strong technological background and a focus on teaching career skills in all the aspects of information management
- Taught by the distinguished faculty of the College of Computing and Informatics
- The MSLIS program is fully accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Highly interactive, online learning methods designed to challenge and engage, while remaining convenient for working professionals
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The program consists of 8 courses that must be completed within three calendar years. This individualized plan may require coursework found in other Drexel departments or other universities. At least 4 courses must be chosen from Information Science and Technology courses. The eighth course is designed to be an independent study project, which integrates studies, field experiences, individual reading, and work experience.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in an area such as library science, computer or information science, information systems, instructional technology, or software engineering that has prepared you for advanced study in your chosen area of specialization
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.