Master’s in Digital Content Management (MSI)
MSI in Digital Content Management
Drexel University’s online MSI in Digital Content Management is designed for content specialists from across the industry spectrum. The curriculum emphasizes the technological components of the field, from taking charge of small- and large-scale content management systems to designing, developing, and implementing other forms of programming and software solutions. You’ll also learn to lead, focusing on managing not just content, but the process of implementing these systems into your organization.
What is a Master’s in Digital Content Management?
Digital content management is fairly straightforward: a content manager’s main responsibilities revolve around effectively creating, managing, and leveraging digital content. That content can range from text to graphics to other forms of multimedia, like video or audio. Typically, a digital content manager is responsible for managing and maintaining a digital content management system (CMS) and/or a digital assets management system.
What Can I Do with a Master’s in Digital Content Management?
Whether you’re working (or aspire to work) in government, education, business, creative industries, digital media, or beyond, Drexel’s online MSI in Digital Content Management will prepare you to be competitive in the job market. Companies such as Facebook, Bank of America, IBM, and Microsoft all employ content management specialists with titles like digital content manager and head of content. Other common job titles include web content producer, document specialist, and content strategist.
How Do I Become a Digital Content Manager?
Drexel’s master’s degree in digital content management draws on fields like library and information science, information systems, and human computer interaction. Its goal is to prepare you to not only manage and organize assets, but to work within your organization in a leadership capacity to implement systems and organize projects. This degree focuses on understanding content as well as the technology and business aspects of the job. Courses include topics like “Information Visualization” and “Information Innovation through Design Thinking.” You’ll be able to take the skills you learn here and either apply them directly to your current role, or use them to give you an edge in the job market.
What are the Salary Expectations for Master’s in Digital Content Management Graduates?
While salaries will vary based on industry, title and location, Drexel’s online MSI in Digital Content Management prepares you to command a competitive salary in a number of roles, including:
Information Systems Manager
Digital Content Strategy Manager
*Data from Bureau of Labor Statistics and WANTED Analytics
Master’s in Digital Content Management Online Program Features
- The program is fully online, so you can learn around your schedule
- The interdisciplinary curriculum lets you take electives in areas like communication, business, engineering, and more
- Coursework covers the creation, design, operation, stewardship, and governing of digital content, including systems supporting institutional and enterprise information needs
- Capstone project focuses on letting you tackle real-world issues that arise in the field
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|INFO 505||Information Professionals and Information Ethics||3.0|
|INFO 508||Information Innovation through Design Thinking||3.0|
|or DSRE 620||Design Problem Solving|
|INFO 590||Foundations of Data and Information||3.0|
|INFO 605||Database Management Systems||3.0|
|INFO 624||Information Retrieval Systems||3.0|
|INFO 633||Information Visualization||3.0|
|INFO 654||Enterprise Content Management||3.0|
|INFO 676||Applied Ontology||3.0|
|Choose five of the following, additional options may be approved by your advisor:|
|Principles of Cybersecurity|
|Perspectives on Information Systems|
|Introduction to Web Design for Information Organizations|
|Applied Artificial Intelligence|
|Introduction to Data Analytics|
|Archival Access Systems|
|Electronic Records Management|
|INFO 890||Capstone Project||6.0|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are not required
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1355 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.