Certificate in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Health
LGBT populations hold a unique set of health needs often unaddressed in standard healthcare. Drexel’s accredited online Certificate in LGBT Health focuses on these concerns and the disparities particular to the LGBT community.
The program places a strong emphasis on understanding the complex medical and ethical considerations involved in the study of LGBT healthcare, and examines how sexual identities impact health and the subsequent treatment received. Participants will critique the research, sampling, and measurement methodologies used to investigate LGBT healthcare and its corresponding disparities.
- Fully online program is convenient for working professionals
- Offered by the Department of Community Health & Prevention at the Dornsife School of Public Health
- Led by nationally recognized Dr. Randall Sell, ScD, whose experience investigating and measuring sexual minorities’ public health outcomes provide a foundation for the curriculum
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period.
|CHP 681||Research with Rare, Stigmatized, and Hidden Populations||3.0|
|CHP 682||LGBT Health Disparities||3.0|
|CHP 683||Intersectional Perspectives||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Additional requirements for International Students
The software used in many of our courses requires you to have access to a PC. Apple doesn’t currently support the software needed to complete this coursework. Please visit Drexel’s computer buying guide for more information.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1246 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 11, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.