Online Certificate in Clinical Quantitative Research Methods
Quantitative Principles for Clinical Research Certificate
Drexel University’s nationally ranked College of Medicine offers an accredited, fully online Quantitative Principles for Clinical Research Certificate. Taught by industry experts, this quantitative research skills-based certificate provides a valuable professional credential. Many of our students are residents, fellows, healthcare professionals, and other clinicians seeking graduate-level training in the basic principles of clinical research and an advanced set of data analytics skills. These newly acquired clinical research skills can ready you to assimilate and communicate evidence-based results from scientific studies related to patient care.
Program at a Glance
- Semester Credits: 9 credits
- Average Completion Time: 1 year
- You may take up to 7 years to complete the program
- No on-campus requirements
- No thesis requirements
- Plans of study are created on a student-by-student basis and customized to the student’s career plans
- Interactive coursework
- Expert faculty
- No application fee
What is a Certificate in Clinical Quantitative Research Methods?
The online clinical quantitative research methods certificate at Drexel University is a three-course (9 semester credit) program that melds quantitative knowledge in epidemiology, applied biostatistics, and scientific writing.
Through the focused study plan, you’ll learn how to evaluate and assimilate evidence from medical literature, while developing an understanding of clinical research practices and administration.
- Applications of Clinical Research Biostatistics
- Scientific Writing and Medical Literature
Academic Plans of Study
If you pursue Drexel’s quantitative research methods certificate online, you may be able to apply the credits into the full MS in Clinical Research Organization and Management program.
What is the difference between a Certificate in Clinical Qualitative Research Methods vs Quantitative Research Methods?
One of the main differentiators between a qualitative research certificate and a quantitative research methods certificate is the audience:
Qualitative Research Methods
Quantitative Research Methods
Key methods include focus groups, in-depth interviews, and reviews of documents to extract themes
Key methods include surveys, structured interviews to harness observations, and reviews of documents to extract numerical data
Inductive reasoning used to form theories and hypotheses
Deductive reasoning used to test concepts and hypothesis that make up existing theory
Subjective – Describes conditions and problems from the point of view of the person experiencing the issue
Objective – Researchers interpret observed effects of a program on a problem or condition
May take less time to plan than analyze findings
May take more time to plan and less to analyze findings
Text-based with no statistical tests
Number-based with statistical analysis
Unstructured responses which can be reliable and valid and require skills on the part of the researcher
Fixed response options which can be reliable and valid depending on the measurement tool used
Data from orau.gov
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Clinical Quantitative Research Methods?
Pursuing Drexel’s online Quantitative Principles for Clinical Research Certificate provides you with an opportunity to study some of the core topics in research professions. This broad and in-depth knowledge helps ready you to conduct quantitative research studies.
Reports point to high demand for Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) through 2026. Job growth projections show a 10 – 14 percent growth for this period. Clinical Research Associates often conduct screening interviews, reviews of medical records, or dialogue with physicians and nurses. Other potential job titles include:
- Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC)
- Clinical Trial, Program, Project Leader
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- Coordinator, Clinical Document Specialist
- Research Pharmacist
- Research Nurse
Certificate in Clinical Quantitative Research Methods Salary Expectations
Recent data indicates Clinical Research Associates earned a median annual salary of $118,970 in 2017. Salaries for Clinical Research Associates may depend on factors such as experience level, education, and place of work:
Median Annual Salary
Clinical Research Associate
Clinical Trial Manager
Clinical Data Manager
Clinical Trials Systems Administrator
Drexel University offers additional online clinical research master’s and certificate programs designed to match your career goals:
- MS in Clinical Research for Health Professionals
- MS in Clinical Research Organization and Management
- Certificate of Study in Clinical Research
If you have questions, please contact:
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
|Applications of Clinical Research Biostatistics
|Scientific Writing and Medical Literature
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1305 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates are available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
August 21, 2023
December 15, 2023
January 8, 2024
May 3, 2024
May 13, 2024
August 2, 2024