Online Business Administration Degree
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
Drexel University’s online BS in Business Administration (BSBA) focuses on helping you build a strong, well-rounded foundational knowledge of the business world, perfect for students who want to graduate with a degree that opens doors throughout the field.
What is a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree?
The online BS in Business Administration degree provides students with a foundational knowledge of business practices and operation. The online Bachelor’s in Business Administration degree offered by LeBow College of Business is a degree completion program with distinguished accreditation by AACSB International - the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
The online business administration program provides a broad business education that introduces students to all functional areas of business, building quantitative knowledge and developing an understanding of skills essential to today’s global organizations. The Business Administration curriculum includes a wide array of courses designed to teach students to think and communicate ideas effectively, and to understand the economic, social and legal systems in which business operates.
5 Reasons to Earn your BSBA
Hear from Drexel Professor Chris Finnin, PhD on the top five reasons to earn your Bachelor’s in Business Administration.
What is the difference between a BSBA and a BBA?
While both a bachelor of science in business administration (BSBA) and a bachelor of business administration (BBA) are undergraduate degrees that prepare you for the business world, there are a few key differences between the two. A BBA takes a broad look at business education, with the curriculum covering topics from marketing to finance to entrepreneurship, while making sure that you have a solid grasp of business fundamentals. A BSBA, on the other hand, tends to focus more on math and analytical skills while still helping you build a business foundation. As a rule of thumb, BBA programs tend to be more specialized and focused on business-specific courses, and BSBA programs put more of an emphasis on math and science courses. Learn more about the differences between a BSBA and a BBA.
What Specialties Does Drexel’s Online BSBA Offer?
The online business administration degree offered by LeBow College of Business is a degree completion program with distinguished accreditation by AACSB International - the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. You’ll get a broad business education designed to familiarize you with the business world at large, preparing you for careers across the business spectrum.
Online Bachelor of Business Administration Program Details
- Courses are taught by the same on-campus faculty who are among the world's most highly-respected business educators
- The curriculum introduces students to all functional areas of business, the quantitative aspects of decision making and the behavioral factors common to all organizational structures
- The highly-interactive online format is designed to challenge and engage students while remaining convenient for working professionals
What Kind of Jobs Can You Get with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration?
Earning a degree in business administration shows potential employers that you have mastered the wide array of skills professionals need to succeed in a fast-paced and competitive workplace. And with the job outlook for many careers in the field growing at a faster than average rate, according the Bureau of Labor Statistics, now is the time to pursue your dream career.
Job titles for graduates with a BS in Business Administration include:
- Business Analyst
- Commercial Loan Officer
- Sales Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Financial Manager
- Market Research Analyst
What Salary Will I Earn in Business Administration?
Professionals with a degree in business administration will be prepared with the skills needed to earn a competitive salary in the workforce, with compensation depending on experience, level of education and the industry in which they work.
Average Base Pay*
Commercial Loan Officer
Human Resources Manager
Market Research Analyst
*Data from WANTED Analytics occupational search
Sterling Crescimanno ’14 earned his BSBA online from Drexel while maintaining his career as a professional skier.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
You can transfer up to 120 quarter credits (equivalent to 80 semester credits) from any accredited institution of higher learning as long as the grade is a C or better and was earned within the past 10 years.
The curriculum and course descriptions for this program can be found in the University Course Catalog, which includes classes only offered on campus.
- A minimum of 24 previous college semester credits (36 quarter credits) with a grade of C or better from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 2.5 or above
Drexel University also offers a non-matriculated option, where you can take courses without being enrolled in a degree-granting program.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $478 per credit. (A 52% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $994 per credit)
The 52% tuition savings applies only to new students and cannot be combined with any other tuition benefits available through Drexel University.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024