Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Option
As a non-matriculated student, you can take courses at Drexel without being enrolled in a degree-granting program. All non-matriculated students are considered part-time, and can schedule a maximum of 11.5 credits per quarter.
You may choose this option if you:
- Would like to try online learning before enrolling in a bachelor's degree-granting program
- Do not meet the admissions criteria required to matriculate into a full degree program
- Are currently enrolled at another college and wish to complete courses at Drexel to transfer back to your home school
- Already have a bachelor's degree, but wish to enroll in an undergraduate prerequisite course for graduate study at Drexel. To ensure credits are transferable, you must check with your intended graduate program department.
Some courses may be restricted to students in a given program and therefore unavailable to non-matriculated students. However, undergraduate non-matriculated students are eligible to take many of the same courses that matriculated students take.
The following colleges offer undergraduate non-matriculated courses:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Professions (Health Services Administration and Behavioral Health courses only)
- Dornsife School of Public Health
- Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- LeBow College of Business
- School of Education
Evaluations are done on a course-by-course basis, and can vary from program to program. As a non-matriculated student you may receive an “unofficial” transfer credit evaluation, but any eligible credits won’t actually transfer until you matriculate into a degree program.
To be evaluated for full matriculation into an undergraduate program, you’ll need to meet the admissions criteria of your program of choice. Please check with your advisor, as programs have different requirements.
Federal and State Financial Aid is not available to non-matriculated students.
State restrictions may apply to some programs. Learn more.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $557 per credit. (A 40% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $928 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 21, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.