Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Option
As a non-matriculated student, you can take courses at Drexel without being enrolled in a degree-granting program. All non-matriculated students are considered part-time, and can schedule a maximum of 11.5 credits per quarter.
You may choose this option if you:
- Would like to try online learning before enrolling in a bachelor's degree-granting program
- Do not meet the admissions criteria required to matriculate into a full degree program
- Are currently enrolled at another college and wish to complete courses at Drexel to transfer back to your home school
- Already have a bachelor's degree, but wish to enroll in an undergraduate prerequisite course for graduate study at Drexel. To ensure credits are transferable, you must check with your intended graduate program department.
Some courses may be restricted to students in a given program and therefore unavailable to non-matriculated students. However, undergraduate non-matriculated students are eligible to take many of the same courses that matriculated students take.
The following colleges offer undergraduate non-matriculated courses:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Professions (Health Services Administration and Behavioral Health courses only)
- Dornsife School of Public Health
- Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- LeBow College of Business
- School of Education
Evaluations are done on a course-by-course basis, and can vary from program to program. As a non-matriculated student you may receive an “unofficial” transfer credit evaluation, but any eligible credits won’t actually transfer until you matriculate into a degree program.
To be evaluated for full matriculation into an undergraduate program, you’ll need to meet the admissions criteria of your program of choice. Please check with your advisor, as programs have different requirements.
Federal and State Financial Aid is not available to non-matriculated students.
State restrictions may apply to some programs. Learn more.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $574 per credit. (A 40% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $956 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024