New Venture Creation Certificate Program
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certiﬁcate in New Venture Creation prepares you for independence in your career. The curriculum focuses on the start-up skills you need to know, such as new venture leadership, building a successful start-up team, assessing funding needs and opportunities, and using the Lean Launch methodology.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
The skills of entrepreneurial thinking and doing are applicable to every career, as these competencies resonate with individuals in any profession. This program is designed for both recent graduates and working professionals who are interested in starting their own ventures, working for startup companies, or preparing for self-employment. Ideal for established professionals looking to enhance their team-building skills in relation to a new venture.
What Will I Learn in the New Venture Creation Certificate?
You will learn how to communicate complex ideas, evaluate opportunities, learn from failure, and implement innovations.
You will also learn how to:
- Lead new ventures
- Build a team of innovators
- Assess funding opportunities
- Employ the Lean Launch Methodology
How Can I Apply What I Learn?
This certificate equips you with the knowledge and skillset to successfully navigate any new venture creation - whether it's your own startup you're building from scratch or a corporate initiative you're tasked with leading.
- 100% online
- Learn from full-time and adjunct faculty with years of experience in the start-up world
- Credits earned in this program can be applied to the MS in Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and can be stacked with other entrepreneurship certificates
- Program is housed in Drexel’s Charles D. Close School of Entrepreneurship, the first accredited, independent school of entrepreneurship in the nation
- Gain access to the Laurence A. Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship, the Close School’s hub of experiential learning
- Graduate Certificate in Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Entrepreneurship I
- Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Entrepreneurship II
- Graduate Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship
- MS in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|ENTP 651||Leading New Ventures||3.0|
|ENTP 660||Early Stage Venture Funding||3.0|
|ENTP 690||The Lean Launch||3.0|
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Personal statement (500 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular program,
- Your short and long-term career plans, and
- How your background, experience, interest, and/or values, when combine with a Drexel degree, will enable you to pursue your goals successfully
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1100 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022