Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation
In a world of increasing complexity, change, and competition, generating new ideas is now essential for corporate management. Successful organizations in all fields view creativity as vital and instill it throughout the organization. The application of creativity skills distinguishes managers who maintain the status quo from leaders who inspire a new direction or vision. By internalizing the spirit of creativity and the principles of creative problem solving, individuals can be transformed into change leaders.
The accredited online Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation is designed to meet the needs of today's working professionals across many fields. The program provides, in a concentrated format, the most contemporary knowledge and skills needed in this important area for students who do not wish to pursue a master's degree but who value a credential that demonstrates their learning. Credits from this program can be applied toward an MS in Creativity and Innovation.
Upon completion of the program, students will have formed an in-depth understanding of creativity, enhanced communication, creative problem solving, and how these may be applied to practical situations that further their workplace culture. Graduates will use their newly enhanced creative thinking skills to reflect critically on existing workplace practices and express coherent and cogent ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Completely online format lets you learn when it’s convenient for you
- The Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation, directed by Dr. Fredricka Reisman, promotes creativity using programs that cultivate skills in creative thinking, innovative leadership practices, and problem solving techniques
- The Applied Creativity Graduate Student Association (ACGSA) offers students an opportunity to promote creativity within and outside Drexel
- How to Unlock Your Own "Samurai Creativity"
- Five Principles of "Samurai Creativity" for Peak Performance
- Innovation and Learning: Designing and Redefining Workplace Learning in the New Normal
- Learning Technologies and Creativity & Innovation Programs Online Open House
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CRTV 501||Foundations in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 502||Tools and Techniques in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 503||Creativity in the Workplace||3.0|
|CRTV 620||Research Methods and Assessment of Creative and Innovative Thinking||3.0|
|EDCR 510||Leadership in Educational Contexts and Systems||3.0|
|EDCR 514||Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice in Education||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 may be considered on a provisional basis
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Essay of 500 to 750 words, describing your interest in the program, specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why you are moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
An interview may be requested.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1007 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1342 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021