Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation
In a world of increasing complexity, change, and competition, generating new ideas is now essential for corporate management. Successful organizations in all fields view creativity as vital and instill it throughout the organization. The application of creativity skills distinguishes managers who maintain the status quo from leaders who inspire a new direction or vision. By internalizing the spirit of creativity and the principles of creative problem solving, individuals can be transformed into change leaders.
The accredited online Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation is designed to meet the needs of today's working professionals across many fields. The program provides, in a concentrated format, the most contemporary knowledge and skills needed in this important area for students who do not wish to pursue a master's degree but who value a credential that demonstrates their learning. Credits from this program can be applied toward an MS in Creativity and Innovation.
Upon completion of the program, students will have formed an in-depth understanding of creativity, enhanced communication, creative problem solving, and how these may be applied to practical situations that further their workplace culture. Graduates will use their newly enhanced creative thinking skills to reflect critically on existing workplace practices and express coherent and cogent ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Completely online format lets you learn when it’s convenient for you
- The Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation, directed by Dr. Fredricka Reisman, promotes creativity using programs that cultivate skills in creative thinking, innovative leadership practices, and problem solving techniques
- The Applied Creativity Graduate Student Association (ACGSA) offers students an opportunity to promote creativity within and outside Drexel
- How to Unlock Your Own "Samurai Creativity"
- Five Principles of "Samurai Creativity" for Peak Performance
- Implementing Creativity into the Workplace
- Innovation and Learning: Designing and Redefining Workplace Learning in the New Normal
- Learning Technologies and Creativity & Innovation Programs Online Open House
- Putting Creativity to Work: Creative Mindset, Environment, Creative Tools and Creative Action
- Using Creativity to Improve Non-Profits and SMB (Small and Medium-Sized Business)
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CRTV 501||Foundations in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 502||Tools and Techniques in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 503||Creativity in the Workplace||3.0|
|CRTV 620||Research Methods and Assessment of Creative and Innovative Thinking||3.0|
|EDCR 510||Leadership in Educational Contexts and Systems||3.0|
|EDCR 514||Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice in Education||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 may be considered on a provisional basis
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Essay of 500 to 750 words, describing your interest in the program, specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why you are moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
An interview may be requested.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1017 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1355 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 21, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.