Graduate Certificate in Education Policy
Education professionals in the 21st Century need to become grounded in education policy studies regardless of their role within the profession. The accredited online Certificate in Education Policy focuses on how US education policy has developed and the processes and factors impacting how it is made today. Emphasis is placed on educational and societal issues related to "access and equity" to a quality education and education reform; a systems approach to understanding how the education enterprise is related to other social systems; an understanding of the different levels of educational governance, who the key stakeholders and influencers are and how PK-12 and post-secondary education relate to each other. Students apply their knowledge through peer conversations, writing assignments meant to replicate the work done by policy professionals, and preparation of oral presentations and supporting materials
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
- On the Frontline of Public Education Policy: A Conversation with Chip Slaven, Interim Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National School Boards Association
- Online Open House: Graduate Certificate in Education Policy
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Quantitative Literacy: Interpreting and reporting data for educational policy and research||3.0|
|Education Policy: Concepts, Issues, and Applications||3.0|
|The Shaping of American Education Policy: Global Forces, Interest Groups, and Politics||3.0|
|American Educational Policy and U.S. Competitiveness||3.0|
|Ethics in Educational Policy Making||3.0|
|Access & Equity in Educational Policy Making||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024