Graduate Certificate in Education Policy
Education professionals in the 21st Century need to become grounded in education policy studies regardless of their role within the profession. The accredited online Certificate in Education Policy focuses on leading edge factors in educational policy-making and on application of policy-making skills. An emphasis is placed on educational and societal issues related to "access and equity" to the full range of educational resources within the United States and beyond, including but not limited to those related to: technology/connectivity, demographics, economic status, urban/suburban/rural location, and legislative/jurisdictional boundaries.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
- On the Frontline of Public Education Policy: A Conversation with Chip Slaven, Interim Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National School Boards
- Online Open House: Graduate Certificate in Education Policy
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDPO 620||Education Policy: Concepts, Issues, and Applications||3.0|
|EDPO 624||Shaping of American Education Policy: Global Forces, Interest Groups, and Policies||3.0|
|EDPO 628||American Educational Policy and U.S. Competitiveness||3.0|
|EDPO 632||Ethics in Educational Policy Making||3.0|
|EDPO 636||Access & Equity in Educational Policy Making||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1017 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1355 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 21, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.