School Principal Certification Program Online
The accredited online PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K-12 was designed to develop school leaders who can:
- Lead schools collaboratively to solve complex problems in a framework of leadership standards
- Educate students to achieve 21st century learning goals
- Mentor and coach teachers in instructional and assessment decision-making
- Reflect on practice to new action and research
- Partner with schools/districts to mentor new leaders
- Demonstrate competencies: active listening; speaking and writing; team building; and conflict resolution
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
CAEP Accredited Provider
The Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP) accredits Drexel University School of Education educator preparation programs. CAEP promotes excellence in educator preparation through quality assurance and continuous improvement. Drexel University meets rigorous national standards for education preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation.
- How is it only January? Survival Strategies for the Classroom Teacher
- Online Open House: Education Administration and Improvement & Transformation Programs
- Online Teaching Strategies for K-12 Educators: Basics for Beginners to Intermediate Users
- You Want How Much for My District’s Data? Important Steps to Protect Your District and Student Data from Hackers
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|School Law and Politics
|Integration of Technology with School Instruction and Management
|School Finance and Facilities
|School and Community Partnerships and Relations
|Instructional and Curriculum Leadership
|School Principal Internship: Technology
|School Principal Internship: Finance
|School Principal Internship: Leadership
|School Principal Internship: Relations
|Leadership in Educational Contexts and Systems
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- A state-issued teaching or counseling certificate
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- One letter must come from the principal of the school where the applicant has worked.
- This recommendation must speak to your presentation skills and experiences in leadership roles within a K-12 school setting as well as any skills that would have a strong bearing onyour success as a school leader or administrator.
- Essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Include two paragraphs briefly describing your educational philosophy and how principals shape learning in K-12 schools.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1079 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1438 per credit)
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024