Graduate Certificate in Advanced Teaching and Curriculum
The accredited online Advanced Teaching and Curriculum Certificate program meets the needs of in-service teachers in a variety of educational settings who seek advanced knowledge beyond that required for initial teacher certification in the areas of effective instruction, curriculum, and assessment.
The program also provides opportunities to explore a variety of other roles in an educational setting including instructional leaders beyond the classroom, researchers in local, state, national, or international organizations, and professionals in foundations, associations, corporations, and private education institutions.
- Understanding of varying educational organizations and sectors
- Expertise in developing, analyzing, implementing and evaluating instructional strategies
- Leadership abilities
- Organizational, cross cultural, interpersonal, advocacy, and communication skills
- How is it only January? Survival Strategies for the Classroom Teacher
- Online Open House: Teaching, Learning, & Curriculum, Reading Specialist, and TESL Programs
- Online Teaching Strategies for K-12 Educators: Basics for Beginners to Intermediate Users
- You Want How Much for My District’s Data? Important Steps to Protect Your District and Student Data from Hackers
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
or EDAM 700
|Instructional and Curriculum Leadership
or Leading in Urban, Rural, and Suburban Settings
or EDEX 544
|Fundamentals of Special Education
or The Inclusive Classroom
or EDLT 533
|Designing Virtual Communities for Staff Development - Non-Field Experience
or Designing Virtual Communities
|EDUC 524||Current Research in Curriculum & Instruction||3.0|
|EDUC 530||Advanced Techniques in Instruction & Assessment||3.0|
|EDUC 609||Language & Culture in Education||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- You must meet the PA State content course requirements for your specific area of certification. Content course reviews are conducted at time of application. Coursework missing from your undergraduate background or below the minimum 3.0 GPA cumulative average may be taken concurrently with the graduate program.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- A 1000-1500 word essay describing why you're interested in pursuing the program and stating your intended area of certification (e.g. Elementary, Secondary English)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1017 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1355 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.