Graduate Certificate in US Education Policy Program Online
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in U.S. Education Policy explores the substance and process of U.S. education policy, along with the institutions that comprise the education system and their governance and practices. You’ll develop a more sophisticated understanding of the U.S. education system, how policy is made, and key issues within U.S. education today. Upon completing this certificate, you'll be able to use the knowledge gained and skills you’ve learned to enhance your performance as an education professional.
Graduate Certificate in U.S. Education Policy Program Features
- 100% online
- Nine-credit program that can be completed in less than one year
- Ideal for education professionals or those looking for foundational knowledge and skills in U.S. education policy
- Can be completed as a standalone certificate or credits earned in this program can be applied to the MS in Education Improvement and Transformation as a stackable certificate upon acceptance into the program
Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in U.S. Education Policy Program
Your completed application for the online certificate in U.S education policy should include your official transcripts and resume. For a complete list of requirements, please visit the Admissions Criteria page.
What Can I Do with A Graduate Certificate in U.S. Education Policy?
This online certificate in U.S. education policy was designed for anyone working in education who wishes to gain knowledge of U.S. education policy to enhance their ability to perform their current or future positions. This includes teachers, administrators, and others affiliated with organizations that interact with the education system. This program is primarily geared towards K-12 educators, though it has relevance for those working in post-secondary education as well.
Graduate Certificate in U.S. Education Policy Program FAQs
What is the difference between the Graduate Certificate in U.S. Education Policy and Graduate Certificate in Education Policy?
The 9-credit U.S. Education Policy certificate is aimed more toward those who want some foundational-level education policy knowledge to be more effective educators, policy advocates, etc. The 18-credit Graduate Certificate in Education Policy is ideal for those who want to pursue a career in education policymaking or policy-influencing and want more a more in-depth study of the field.
Can I transfer the U.S. Education Policy credits into a School of Education graduate program?
This online certificate in U.S. education policy can be take on its own or up to nine credits may be transferred into a School of Education master’s program at the discretion of that program’s Director/Manager and upon admission into the graduate program. This program has been designed to easily transfer into the online MS in Education Improvement and Transformation program as a stackable certificate.
I am not currently working in education, but I am interested in U.S. education and policy. Will this program benefit me?
Yes, the topics covered and skills learned during the program will all enhance your understanding of education policy and its relevance to the U.S.
- On the Frontline of Public Education Policy: A Conversation with Chip Slaven, Interim Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National School Boards
- Graduate Certificate in Education Policy
- MS in Education Improvement and Transformation
- MS in Global and International Education
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDPO 620||Education Policy: Concepts, Issues, and Applications||3.0|
|EDPO 628||American Educational Policy and U.S. Competitiveness||3.0|
|EDPO 636||Access & Equity in Educational Policy Making||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in a completed bachelor's and/or master's degree
- Graduate GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA
- Provisional admission may be considered if your GPA is lower than 3.0
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1047 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1396 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.