Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Special Education Leadership
The accredited online Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Special Education Leadership program leads to a Supervisor of Special Education certification in PA. This program is designed for those who wish to obtain a position in their school, district, or intermediate unit with primary responsibility in supervising special education programs and directing the activities of professional and non-professional employees in these programs. It's also for those already responsible for supervising special education programs but who don't possess the specific content knowledge and skills in special education leadership.
This certification program requires a valid teaching certificate, (either a PA Instructional I or II or another state's equivalent credential), and a minimum of five years of professional school experience in special education or a related field. It is ideal for teachers who want to qualify for the Pennsylvania state Supervisor of Special Education certification. If your home state has a special education supervisor or administrative certification, you will need to contact that state’s department of education to determine if this program will count there.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report
- Drexel’s teacher education programs are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDAM 708||Integration of Technology with School Instruction and Management||3.0|
|EDAM 710||School Finance and Facilities||3.0|
|EDAM 722||Evaluation & Assessment Competencies||3.0|
|Special Education Leadership Courses|
|EDEX 710||School Law & Policy in Special Education||3.0|
|EDEX 712||Instructional & Curriculum Leadership in Special Education||3.0|
|EDEX 714||Development, Supervision, & Support: Special Education Leadership||3.0|
|EDEX 716||Organization & Administration of Special Education||3.0|
|EDEX 721||Supervisor of Special Education Internship: Special Education Leadership||1.0|
|EDEX 722||Supervisor of Special Education Internship: Instructional Leadership||1.0|
|EDEX 723||Supervisor of Special Education Internship: Collaboration & Personnel||1.0|
|EDEX 724||Supervisor of Special Education Internship: Finance & Management||1.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA)
- If you do not meet this requirement, you’re still encouraged to apply and your file will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Program Director
- PA teacher certification (for those seeking PA Supervisor of Special Education Certification)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Proof of PA Certification (for those seeking PA Supervisor of Special Education Certification)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1007 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1342 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
April 6, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021