Online Engineering Management Certificate
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Engineering Management
Drexel's accredited online Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management is a valuable professional credential for engineers and scientists who want in-depth exposure to skills and knowledge needed for management roles without having to commit to the entire program.
This program continues Drexel's tradition of leadership and excellence in educating engineers for successful careers. Its curriculum is taken from the MS in Engineering Management program, established in 1960 at the request of several Delaware Valley corporations. Graduates of the program have advanced within their present organizations, while others have accepted responsibilities with new employers or gone on to found their own businesses.
- A solid introduction to Engineering Management through courses in management, finance and economics
- Taught by Drexel's distinguished College of Engineering faculty who are also successful professionals in the field
- A highly interactive, online learning method designed to challenge and engage students, while remaining convenient for working professionals
- Courses can be applied towards earning a full MS in Engineering Management
- Can be completed entirely online in less than a year
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EGMT 501||Engineering Management||3.0|
|EGMT 504||Engineering Management Communications||3.0|
|EGMT 531||Engineering Economic Evaluation & Analysis||3.0|
|EGMT 535||Financial Management||3.0|
|Elective (Choose One)||3.0|
|Advanced Engineering Management|
|Advanced Financial Management for Engineers|
|Marketing: Identifying Customer Needs|
|Introduction to Project Management|
|Systems Engineering Management|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences from an ABET accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience preferred
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one professional)
- A 750 word essay on one of two prompts
- A technical analysis problem
- A human resource problem
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.