Graduate Certificate in Naval Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Naval Engineering is designed for engineers from any discipline who work in the development, design, construction, operation, maintenance, or logistic support of ships. The coursework provides an overall view of shipboard engineering plants as well as the basic design and operating principles of the propulsion and auxiliary systems of today’s Naval forces. You will also learn the Department of Defense approach to systems engineering and how to apply it to Naval Operations.
The program can be completed in one year by taking one course per term, and the credits can be applied towards select Master's programs within the College of Engineering.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|SYSE 605||Naval Systems Engineering||3.0|
|SYSE 610||Naval Engineering for the 21st Century||3.0|
|Elective Courses (Choose Two)||6.0|
|SYSE 524||Systems Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability Analysis|
|SYSE 533||Systems Integration and Test|
|SYSE 611||Advanced Naval Engineering|
|SYSE 688||Systems Engineering Analysis|
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related science from an ABET-accredited institution
- A bachelor’s degree in the sciences (physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.) may also be accepted, however, you may be required to take additional courses
- Any degree earned abroad must be deemed equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in your bachelor’s degree as well as any subsequent graduate-level work
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1208 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1342 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
April 6, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021