Graduate Certificate in Systems Design and Development
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Systems Design & Development
Drexel's online Certificate in Systems Design and Development teaches in-depth analysis associated with systems engineering and systems design. A wide range of systems engineering topics and subjects are taught to prepare students to intelligently manage and contribute to any engineering challenge. The program is taught by experienced professionals who have conducted systems engineering in the DoD and commercial industries.
The program enables engineering leaders to manage systems development throughout the life cycle from conceptual development, engineering design, and through operation and sustainment stages. Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to conduct systems engineering analysis at all levels.
The certificate is designed for technical professionals involved in systems engineering analysis or element design engineers, including software development. Engineers in early to mid-stage careers who are functioning or wish to move into positions as Systems Engineers will also benefit. Relevant fields include defense contractors, infrastructure planning and management, medical systems, data systems, energy systems, manufacturing, and construction management.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Offered by Drexel University's distinguished College of Engineering and taught by the same experienced faculty on campus who are successful professionals in the field
- Students use the same industry-standard tools and software in class as on the job
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|SYSE 685||Systems Engineering Management||3.0|
|SYSE 688||Systems Engineering Analysis||3.0|
|SYSE 530||Systems Engineering Design||3.0|
|SYSE 531||Systems Architecture Development||3.0|
|SYSE 532||Software Systems Engineering||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related science from an ABET-accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one professional)
- Personal Essay
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 0-1 is $0 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
This program is not currently accepting new applicants.
Previously enrolled at Drexel? Learn more about readmission.
Any problems? Find help or contact us.