Online Big Data Analytics Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics provides you with the foundational knowledge you need to manage and leverage data assets for decision making, problem solving, modeling, and related activities. You’ll learn big data analytics skills, including cloud computing, distributed computing, and natural language processing. You’ll also understand how to analyze large-scale data with cloud and distributed computing and conduct a project with the data science life cycle. This big data analytics certificate culminates in a final capstone project, which gives you the opportunity to practically apply these skills.
Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics Program Features
- 100% online
- Five-course, 15-credit program
- Offered by Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics may be stacked with other certificates to customize your education and/or earn credits toward a master's degree in Data Science or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Find out more about how a certificate in data science could benefit you.
- MS in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Computational Data Science
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|DSCI 632||Applied Cloud Computing||3.0|
|INFO 623||Social Network Analytics||3.0|
|Electives (Choose 2)
or CS 501
|Introduction to Programming|
|Data Structures and Algorithms|
|High Performance Computing|
|Distributed Systems Software|
|Data Analysis at Scale|
|Introduction to the Digital Environment|
|Cloud Security and Virtual Environments|
|Quantitative Foundations of Data Science|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation|
|Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning|
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 in a prior completed degree, bachelor's and above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation required, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1396 per credit.
For academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024