Online Big Data Analytics Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics provides you with the foundational knowledge you need to manage and leverage data assets for decision making, problem solving, modeling, and related activities. You’ll learn big data analytics skills, including cloud computing, distributed computing, and natural language processing. You’ll also understand how to analyze large-scale data with cloud and distributed computing and conduct a project with the data science life cycle. This big data analytics certificate culminates in a final capstone project, which gives you the opportunity to practically apply these skills.
Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics Program Features
- 100% online
- Five-course, 15-credit program
- Offered by Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics may be stacked with other certificates to customize your education and/or earn credits toward a master's degree in Data Science or Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Find out more about how a certificate in data science could benefit you.
- MS in Data Science
- MS in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Computational Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Introduction to Data Science
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CS 660||Data Analysis at Scale||3.0|
|DSCI 632||Applied Cloud Computing||3.0|
|CS 676||Parallel Programming|
|DSCI 691||Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning|
|DSCI 591||Data Science Capstone I*|
|DSCI 592||Data Science Capstone II*|
|INFO 633||Information Visualization|
*Recommended for those planning to pursue the MS in Data Science
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 in a prior completed degree, bachelor's and above
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are not required
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1355 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.