Computing Systems Security and Privacy Graduate Online Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Computing Systems Security and Privacy
Drexel University’s virtual graduate certificate is an industry-focused program designed to give you deep technical knowledge in computer systems security and privacy. The curriculum combines foundational courses with electives in areas like operating systems, computer networks, and cryptography to offer you a well-rounded look at the field. You’ll be able to immediately apply what you learn in class to an industry setting. And, with an estimated 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs globally in 2021, you’ll be prepared to meet the growing demand for computer systems security professionals.
- 100% online
- Five-course program (15 credits)
- Learn from respected faculty in Drexel’s College of Computing and Informatics
- The program may be stacked with other graduate certificates to customize your master's degree, and/or serve as an entry point to the MS in Computer Science or MS in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Drexel University offers multiple virtual certificate and degree programs in computer science and computer systems security to help you advance your career.
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Computer Security & Privacy
- MS in Software Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate in Software Architecture
- Graduate Certificate in Software Management
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CS 645||Network Security||3.0|
|SE 578||Security Engineering||3.0|
|Elective Courses (choose 2)||6.0|
- A four-year bachelor's or master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related STEM degree, plus work experience equal to Drexel's Graduate Certificate in Computer Science
- Pre-requisites for all graduate level programs: computer requirements and skills
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1396 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.