Online Certificate In Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience Research & Design
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience Research & Design
Drexel University's online Graduate Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience Research & Design provides foundations and practical skills in the design and evaluation of a wide variety of user experiences and computer interfaces. Students learn how to solve problems in applied domains through the design of artifacts, processes, and systems, as well as how to extend or invent novel approaches to accommodate new interaction paradigns and non-standard contexts. This 12-credit, 4-course program is offered entirely online making it convenient for working professionals looking to enahnce their design skills.
Graduate Certificate in HCI & UX Research & Design Program Features
- 12 credits, 4 courses
- Offered 100% online
- From Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience Research & Design may be stacked with other certificates to customize your education and/or earn credits toward a master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience.
- MS in Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience
- Graduate Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction & User Experience Theory & Frontiers
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
or DSRE 620
|Information Innovation through Design Thinking
or Design Problem Solving
|INFO 690||Understanding Users: User Experience Research Methods||3.0|
|INFO 691||Prototyping the User Experience||3.0|
|INFO 615||Designing with Data||3.0|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation required, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1396 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024