Online Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Development
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Information Systems Development
Companies of all sizes depend on information systems to manage their operations, production, communications, records, distribution, sales, and customer interactions. Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Development is an interdisciplinary program that provides you with broad knowledge of analyzing, designing, and deploying information systems. You’ll take courses in topics like database management systems, systems analysis and design, and application software construction and operation to ensure you have the foundational skills you need to excel in the field.
- Fully online, 15-credit program
- Learn from highly respected faculty in both Drexel's LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics
- New and updated curriculum that focuses on the intersection of applied information technology and business
- Coursework is project-based to give you additional experience
- Can be stacked with other certificates to complete the MS in Business Information Technology
This certificate is part of a suite of five Business Information Technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), jointly offered by Drexel's LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI). Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including the required foundational Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Management. Learn more about the other four certificates, and MSBIT:
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Strategy and Execution
- Graduate Certificate in Organizational Security
- MS in Business Information Technology
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CT 630||Application Software Construction and Operation||3.0|
|INFO 540||Perspectives on Information Systems||3.0|
|INFO 605||Database Management Systems||3.0|
|MIS 624||Systems Analysis & Design||3.0|
|MIS 652||Business Agility and IT||3.0|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A 3.0 GPA is preferred in a previously completed degree, bachelors or above
- At least 2 years professional experience in business or technology
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, although two are suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, please describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1277 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024