Online Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Strategy and Execution
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Information Technology Strategy and Execution
Successful organizations rely on leadership from employees who can shape policy, manage projects, and deliver return on investments in technology. Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Strategy and Execution is designed to train the next generation of digital strategists. The curriculum emphasizes software economics, project management, and information technology planning, strategy, and execution.
- Fully online, 15-credit program
- Learn from highly respected faculty in both Drexel's LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics
- New and updated curriculum that focuses on the intersection of applied information technology and business
- Coursework is project-based to give you additional experience
- Can be stacked with other certificates to complete the MS in Business Information Technology
This certificate is part of a suite of five Business Information Technology certificates that can be applied toward Drexel’s Master of Science in Business Information Technology (MSBIT), jointly offered by Drexel's LeBow College of Business and College of Computing & Informatics (CCI). Three certificates must be completed to receive the MS degree, including the required foundational Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Management. Learn more about the other four certificates, and MSBIT:
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Transformation
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Development
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Organizational Security
- MS in Business Information Technology
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|MIS 612||Aligning Information Systems and Business Strategies||3.0|
|MIS 641||MIS Policy and Strategy||3.0|
|ORGB 602||Leading and Executing Change||3.0|
|SE 630||Software Engineering Economics||3.0|
|SE 638||Software Project Management||3.0|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- A 3.0 GPA is preferred in a previously completed degree, bachelors or above
- At least 2 years professional experience in business or technology
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation, although two are suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, please describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success, and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1240 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.