ADN-BSN Concurrent Enrollment Program
Transformative. Seamless. Innovative.
The ADN-BSN Concurrent Enrollment program lets you pursue a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Drexel University while concurrently pursuing an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) at your local community college. Once you complete the ADN program, your community college will award you an associate’s degree. Then, upon passing the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN), you can complete your remaining BSN course work at Drexel—typically within two terms.
Partnering Community Colleges
This innovative concurrent enrollment program is currently available to accepted nursing students from:
- Delaware County Community College
Learn how to become a partner and help bring this program to your community college.
There has never been a better time to earn your BSN
The Institute of Medicine’s landmark survey The Future of Nursing recommends that 80% of nurses hold BSN degrees by 2020. This recommendation has created unparalleled career prospects. In fact, a national survey conducted by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) found that 59% of new BSN graduates had job offers at the time of graduation—compared to just 29% among graduates of other degree programs.
You can always spot a Drexel Nurse
Employers know what makes a Drexel nurse stand out – it’s the action-based learning and in-depth clinical skills that allow our students to use their newly acquired knowledge immediately and improve patient outcomes to lead nursing into the future.
- Enroll in Drexel’s online RN to BSN program while concurrently pursuing your ADN
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Courses taught by experienced and board-certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Pathway for continued education in MSN programs
- Robust practice experience woven through each aspect of the curriculum using both traditional and innovative learning technologies, such as simulation lab, problem-based web learning, direct patient interaction, and community outreach
- Curriculum tailored to meet students’ career goals
- Low 1:25 student-faculty ratio
- Three-year tuition lock for those who complete the program within 3 years
- Special tuition plans for community college partners
- Outstanding support services, including 24/7 tech support, online access to Drexel University’s award-winning W.W. Hagerty Library, Drexel’s Writing Center, and much more
- No application fee
State restrictions may apply to some programs. Learn more.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
View your community college’s specific concurrent plan of study:
Acceptance to a nursing program at one of Drexel's approved concurrent enrollment community college partners:
Delaware County Community College
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above (all schools combined)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our supporting document submission guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- If you attended an LPN school/program, the official transcript must be submitted from the college for any non-nursing courses for which you received credit
- If you have taken courses at an international institution, you must submit a course-by-course evaluation
- CLEP or AP official score reports, if tests were taken
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $533 per credit. (A 40% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $888 per credit)
Per credit tuition rates for the 2021-22 academic year will be charged at $492/quarter credit for the fall 2021 quarter; and $505/quarter credit for the winter, spring, and summer 2022 quarters.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024