Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate
The accredited online Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate is an elite post-graduate program that prepares students to deliver advanced care to infants, children and adolescents with acute, critical, and complex health conditions.
Students will build upon primary care experience through courses that emphasize evidence-based practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the critical use of new technology.
- Ranked #41 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked #16 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report
- Courses taught by experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel's acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP)
- Access to our state-of-the-art patient simulation lab
- Graduates of the Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program are eligible for the Acute Care Pediatric exam offered by the PNCB
- Synchronous online lectures offer a highly interactive learning format that challenges and engages students
- The post-graduate APRN certificate at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The nurse practitioner programs in the Department of Advanced Practice Nursing at Drexel University provide you the flexibility of finding and coordinating your own clinical site and preceptor. The department also offers resources to assist you in this process. Accessibility to clinical sites and preceptors varies from state to state, and you may be required to travel to access clinical sites/preceptors and achieve the necessary clinical hours.
This high-quality program demands a major commitment of time, including multiple on-campus visits that are essential for transition into the NP role. During your time in the program, you will participate in mandatory on-campus and/or virtual intensives. The required intensives will be held during clinical courses. Exact dates and times will be confirmed with students prior to the term.
Online Open Houses
Learn more about this and other nursing programs during our upcoming online open house webinar series.
Questions? We're here to help!
For application related questions:
For program related questions:
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
*Online Nurse Practitioner programs are offered only on a part-time basis.
*State restrictions may apply to some programs.
*The Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Clinical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning||4.0|
|NURS 646||Pharmacology for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner||3.0|
|NURS 664||Professional Issues for Nurse Practitioners||1.0|
|NURS 642||PNP I: Primary Care of Infants, Children and Adolescents||5.0|
|NURS 643||PNP II: Episodic Care of Infants, Children and Adolescents in Primary Care||5.0|
|NURS 649||Ped Nurse Pract AC I: Acute-Chronic Care of Infants, Children and Adolescents Management||5.0|
|NURS 650||Ped Nurse Pract AC II: Acute-Chronic Care of Infants, Children and Adolescents Management||5.0|
|NURS 651||PNP Management of the Medically Fragile and Technology Dependent Child in the Community||5.0|
- Master of Science in Nursing and/or Doctorate of Nursing Practice from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Graduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- A minimum of one year nursing experience in a pediatric acute care setting
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
- Current PALS certification
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- A copy of your current PALS certification
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1101 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1223 per credit)
For academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
At Drexel, we understand that developing a plan to finance your education is a critical step in your decision-making process. That's why we encourage students who require financial aid to fill out the FAFSA as early in the application process as possible. Learn more about Drexel's financial aid policies. In addition, nursing students are encouraged to visit the AACN to review the many scholarship opportunities that exist through the organization.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024