Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate
The accredited online Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate program provides MSN prepared nurses and healthcare professionals with advanced female lifespan specialization. The program places an additional emphasis on reproductive and gynecologic health needs of women and their partners. Graduates are qualified to provide a myriad of gender related services, ranging from well-woman care to prenatal and postpartum care, and common and complex women's health issues. Courses focus on health promotion and disease prevention in both primary settings and women's health specialty practices.
The program prepares nurses for roles as advanced-practice clinicians, educators, researchers, and leaders in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary healthcare environment. It was designed to embrace the competencies and skill sets required for today's versatile nurse practitioner as medical knowledge expands, healthcare systems evolve and technology advances in response to health care needs and evidence-based research.
- Ranked #41 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked #16 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Synchronous online lectures offer a highly-interactive learning format that challenges and engages students
- Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Certification through the National Certification Corporation (NCC)
- The post-graduate APRN certificate at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner program produces highly competent, confident, and well prepared advanced nurse practitioners. This high-quality degree demands a major commitment of time by advanced practicing nursing students and combines the convenience of rigorous synchronous online didactic classes with a clinical component to effectively teach students to diagnose and manage health promotion and health issues of women from adolescence to older adulthood.** The on-campus visits include:
- NURS 690 WHNP I - Summer Simulation Experience (3 days)
- NURS 691 WHNP II - Fall Simulation Experience (3 days)
- NURS 693 WHNP IV - Spring Simulation Experience (3 days)
During the mandatory On-Campus Intensive, students will participate in simulated clinical learning experiences conducted in our state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary patient simulation lab. These visits allow professors to offer direct support, guidance, and mentoring while providing students with the opportunity to interact with faculty members and collaborate with their peers. Pennsylvania RN licensure will be required prior to the start of your clinical components. While this is not a requirement for admission, we recommend starting the process immediately after admission.
The nurse practitioner programs in the Department of Advanced Practice Nursing at Drexel University provide you the flexibility of finding and coordinating your own clinical site and preceptor. The department also offers resources to assist you in this process. Accessibility to clinical sites and preceptors varies from state to state, and you may be required to travel to access clinical sites/preceptors and achieve the necessary clinical hours.
Drexel's 10,000 Hours Podcast: Kymberlee Montgomery
Not all healthcare is created equal, especially if you’re a woman. Kymberlee Montgomery, an associate clinical professor of nursing and medicine at Drexel University, explains to us the biggest health issues facing women today.
Online Open Houses
Learn more about this and other nursing programs during our upcoming online open house webinar series.
Questions? We're here to help!
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
*Online Nurse Practitioner programs are offered only on a part-time basis.
*State restrictions may apply to some programs.
*The Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Clinical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning||4.0|
|NURS 664||Professional Issues for Nurse Practitioners||1.0|
|NURS 680||Primary Care for Women’s Health||3.0|
|NURS 682||Pharmacology for the Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner||3.0|
|NURS 690||WHNP I: Mngmnt & Care of the Common Gyn and Gender Related Issues Throughout the Lifespan||5.0|
|NURS 691||WHNP II: Mngmnt & Care of the Complex Gyn and Gender Related Issues of Women Throughout the Lifespan||5.0|
|NURS 692||WHNP III: Management & Care of the Low Risk Obstetrical and Post Partum Needs of Women and Families||5.0|
|NURS 693||WHNP IV: Mngmnt & Care of the High Risk Obstetrical and Post Partum Needs of Women and Families||5.0|
- Master of Science in Nursing and/or Doctorate of Nursing Practice from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Graduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1037 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1152 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022