RN to MSN Online Bridge Program for Nursing
Drexel's MSN bridge program is for RN's who have a BSN equivalent or a Bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing and now wish to pursue their MSN degree.
The required “bridge course” in the MSN Advance Role Track is NURS 335: Genetics and Genomics: Application to Nursing Practice (3.0 quarter credits.) This class is available entirely online, and is delivered in a 10-week, quarter term session. This course is offered in any given term, and includes mandatory synchronous class meetings.
After successfully completing all requirements and admission to the MSN program, you'll progress directly into graduate-level courses. The BSN is not awarded in this program.
To apply, please complete the admission process to the MSN program of your choice and seek initial advisement from the MSN program academic advisors.
Eligible MSN Programs
- MSN Clinical Nurse Leader
- MSN in Leadership in Health Systems Management
- MSN in Nursing Education
- MSN in Public Health Nursing
- MSN in Quality, Safety, and Risk Management in Healthcare
- Nurse Practitioner programs are not eligible
- Consistently ranked among the best online Master's in Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Synchronous online lectures are offered in a highly interactive e-Learning method that both challenges and engages students
- The master's degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
Questions? We're here to help!
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
|NURS 335||Genetics and Genomics: Application to Nursing Practice||4.5|
This course focuses on current issues in genetics, genomics, and pharmacogenomics and healthcare. Genetic and genomic influences across the healthcare continuum (health prevention, health promotion, disease management, and personalized medicine) are addressed.
To apply, please complete the admission process to the MSN program of your choice:
- MSN: Nursing Education
- MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management
- MSN: Public Health Nursing
- MSN: Quality, Safety, and Risk Management
- MSN: Undeclared
Once admitted, you'll be required to take a required “bridge course”, NURS 335: Genetics and Genomics: Application to Nursing Practice. After successful completion of the bridge course, you'll progress directly into graduate-level courses. The BSN is not awarded in this program.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Nurses with a non-nursing bachelor's may consider applying for the RN-BSN-MSN program to earn both a BSN and MSN concurrently, or apply to the RN to MSN Bridge Program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Waived for those with a GPA over 3.0
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1026 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1140 per credit)
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
April 6, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021