Online MSN in Leadership in Health Systems Management
The accredited online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management prepares practicing nurses for senior administration roles in the constantly evolving and demanding health care environment. The program focuses on information systems management and evidence-based decision-making, two skill sets that are absolutely critical for today's nurse executives.
You'll learn how to solve problems, make decisions and operationalize the delivery of high-quality health care. With a focus on leadership training and the development of fiscal management, legal and ethical issues, strategic planning, organizational structures and marketing, Drexel’s MSN in Leadership in Health Systems Management will prepare you for exciting opportunities and real career advancement in this burgeoning field.
- Ranked #41 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked #16 in 2020's Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report
- The master's degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Synchronous online lectures are offered in a highly interactive e-Learning method that both challenges and engages students
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Flexible scheduling of administration practicum
- Three-year tuition lock for those who complete the program within 3 years
Questions? We're here to help!
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
Drexel University offers a variety of Graduate Minors that can be added to any master's degree program.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
Graduate students who utilize student loans (FAFSA) muct maintain a minimum enrollment of 4.5 credits per term.
|MSN Core Courses|
|NURS 500||Confronting Issues in Contemporary Health Care Environments||3.0|
|NURS 502||Advanced Ethical Decision Making in Health Care||3.0|
|NURS 544||Quality and Safety in Healthcare||3.0|
|RSCH 503||Research Methods and Biostatistics||3.0|
|RSCH 504||Evaluation and Translation of Health Research||3.0|
|INFO 526||Information, Innovation & Technology in Advanced Nursing Practice||3.0|
|or NURS 553||Data Analysis for Decision-Making in HC Management|
|NURS 557||Leadership and Stewardship in the Health Professions||3.0|
|NURS 558||Economics of Healthcare Management & Policy||3.0|
|NURS 547||Communication and Self-Awareness for Leading and Managing in Healthcare||3.0|
|NURS 564||The Business of Healthcare||3.0|
|NURS 562||Workforce Management in Healthcare Organizations||3.0|
|NURS 559||Operations Management in Contemporary Healthcare Organizations||3.0|
|NURS 567||Strategic Management: Power, Politics, and Influence in Healthcare Systems||3.0|
|NURS 568||Practicum and Symposium in Healthcare Operations Management||3.0|
|NURS 569||Practicum and Symposium in Technology and Management of Information in Healthcare Organizations||3.0|
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a program fully accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN/ACEN) or the American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN/CCNE)
- Nurses with a non-nursing bachelor's may consider applying for the RN-BSN-MSN program to earn both a BSN and MSN concurrently, or apply to the RN to MSN Bridge Program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2020-2021 is $1026 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1140 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 4, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021