Online Master's (MS) in Construction Management
Master of Science in Construction Management
Gregory Page, MS in Construction Management '17
What can you do with a Construction Management degree?
A Master's degree in Construction Management gives you the opportunity to develop the multidisciplinary skillset required of effective senior construction managers and supervisors. Drexel's online program focuses on meeting the challenges of complex construction projects, challenging deadlines and increasing regulation. As a Construction Management student, you'll learn technical knowledge, practical business decision-making, and leadership skills relevant to successfully managing construction operations.
Graduates work as project managers, coordinators, estimators, schedulers, safety specialists, business development managers, suppliers, regulators, and other stakeholders involved with construction projects. Some construction management graduates rise to senior-level executive positions, while others own and operate their own firms.
How do you become a Construction Manager?
Step 1 – Earn your Bachelor’s Degree
An undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or architecture is preferred; however, if you’re changing careers, Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management curriculum and concentration options will provide the strategic thinking and action-based learning skills needed for your new career in construction management.
Step 2 – Gain Construction Management Experience
Those considering a change in career should look for entry level positions or internship opportunities in a construction management firm. A management assistant position provides a first-hand knowledge of construction site operations.
Step 3 – Earn your Master’s Degree in Construction Management
Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management provides the technical competence, strong business acumen, and essential leadership skills needed to navigate the daily challenges construction managers face in successfully managing construction operations.
Construction Management Concentrations
- Construction Project Management
- Real Estate Development
- Sustainability and Green Construction
Six Reasons to Earn an MS in Construction Management
In the following video, Christine Fiori, Program Director for Drexel’s Construction Management program, explains 6 reasons to earn your Master’s in Construction Management and how the degree prepares you to advance your construction career.
What makes Drexel’s Online MS in Construction Management stand out?
Technical competence and strong business acumen taught through rigorous, targeted graduate study.
- Outstanding Faculty
Drexel’s faculty has decades of construction management experience in both the public and private sectors, as well as union and open shop environments.
Drexel’s curriculum engages and challenges, while remaining convenient for working professionals. All courses are offered online. No residency requirements or on-site classes are mandated, allowing you flexible participation.
Archived Construction Management Webinar
Drexel's 10,000 Hours Podcast: Captain Planet, Philly Edition
Solar panels, wind power, the Green New Deal. There’s a lot going on in the world of renewable energy, and it can be hard to keep track of. Drexel’s Jeffrey Beard explains how we can “green” our houses and why Philly is perfectly set up to be a sustainable city.
- Graduate Certificate in Construction Management
- Graduate Certificate in Real Estate
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability and Green Construction
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CMGT 501||Leadership in Construction||3.0|
|CMGT 505||Construction Accounting and Financial Management||3.0|
|CMGT 510||Construction Control Techniques||3.0|
|CMGT 512||Cost Estimating and Bidding Strategies||3.0|
|CMGT 515||Risk Management in Construction||3.0|
|CMGT 528||Construction Contract Administration||3.0|
|Select 7 courses:|
|Applied Construction Project Management|
|Equipment Applications and Economy|
|International Construction Practices|
|Community Impact Analysis|
|Strategic Management in Construction|
|Schedule Impact Analysis|
|Sustainable Principles & Practices|
|Quality Management and Construction Performance|
|Productivity Analysis and Improvement|
|Real Estate Development|
|Advanced Real Estate Investment & Analysis|
|Advanced Market Research & Analysis|
|Sales & Marketing of Real Estate|
|Real Estate Economics in Urban Markets|
|Real Estate Finance|
|Real Estate Valuation & Analysis|
|Legal Issues in Real Estate Development|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management I|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management II|
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or non-technical degree from a regionally accredited university
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- A 500 word essay on why you wish to pursue the program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2022-2023 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
Apply for admission to Drexel University
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.