Online Master's (MS) in Construction Management
Master of Science in Construction Management
Gregory Page, MS in Construction Management '17
What can you do with a Construction Management degree?
Drexel’s online Master's in Construction Management degree gives you the opportunity to develop the multidisciplinary skillset required of effective senior construction managers and supervisors. The program focuses on meeting the challenges of complex construction projects, challenging deadlines and increasing regulation. The program focuses on the technical knowledge, practical business decision-making, and leadership skills relevant to successfully managing construction operations.
Graduates work as project managers, coordinators, estimators, schedulers, safety specialists, business development managers, suppliers, regulators, and other stakeholders involved with construction projects. Some rise to senior-level executive positions, while others own and operate their own firms.
How do you become a construction manager?
Step 1 – Earn your Bachelor’s degree: An undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or architecture is preferred; however, if you’re changing careers, Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management curriculum and concentration options will provide the strategic thinking and action-based learning skills needed for your new career in construction management.
Step 2 – Experience counts: Those considering a change in career should look for entry level positions or internship opportunities in a construction management firm. A management assistant position provides a first-hand knowledge of construction site operations.
Step 3 – Earn your Master’s degree in Construction Management: Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management provides the technical competence, strong business acumen, and essential leadership skills needed to navigate the daily challenges construction managers face in successfully managing construction operations.
- Construction Project Management
- Real Estate Development
- Sustainability and Green Construction
What makes Drexel’s MS in Construction Management stand out?
- Quality - Technical competence and strong business acumen taught through rigorous, targeted graduate study.
- Outstanding faculty - Drexel’s faculty has decades of construction management experience in both the public and private sectors, as well as union and open shop environments.
- Highly-Interactive - Drexel’s curriculum engages and challenges, while remaining convenient for working professionals. All courses are offered online. No residency requirements or on-site classes are mandated, allowing you flexible participation.
Drexel's 10,000 Hours Podcast: Captain Planet, Philly Edition
Solar panels, wind power, the Green New Deal. There’s a lot going on in the world of renewable energy, and it can be hard to keep track of. Drexel’s Jeffrey Beard explains how we can “green” our houses and why Philly is perfectly set up to be a sustainable city.
- Graduate Certificate in Construction Management
- Graduate Certificate in Real Estate
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability and Green Construction
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CMGT 501||Leadership in Construction||3.0|
|CMGT 505||Construction Accounting and Financial Management||3.0|
|CMGT 510||Construction Control Techniques||3.0|
|CMGT 512||Cost Estimating and Bidding Strategies||3.0|
|CMGT 515||Risk Management in Construction||3.0|
|Choose a concentration in one of the following areas:|
|Construction Management Project Management|
|Applied Construction Project Management|
|Construction Contract Administration|
|Equipment Applications and Economy|
|International Construction Practices|
|Strategic Management in Construction|
|Schedule Impact Analysis|
|Quality Management and Construction Performance|
|Productivity Analysis and Improvement|
|Select eight of the following:|
|Community Impact Analysis|
|Real Estate Development|
|Advanced Real Estate Investment & Analysis|
|Advanced Market Research & Analysis|
|Sales & Marketing of Real Estate|
|Real Estate Economics in Urban Markets|
|Real Estate Finance|
|Real Estate Valuation & Analysis|
|Legal Issues in Real Estate Development|
|Sustainability and Green Construction|
|Community Impact Analysis|
|Sustainable Principles & Practices|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management I|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management II|
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or non-technical degree from a regionally accredited university
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- A 500 word essay on why you wish to pursue the program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 27, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.