Online Certificate in Mind, Brain, and Learning
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Mind, Brain, and Learning provides the knowledge, skills, and experience to engage in innovative teaching, assessment, and instructional design in alignment with the human learning process. Through the interdisciplinary curriculum, you’ll engage with theory-to-practice and experiential learning to support transfer of learning across real-world contexts.
What is a Certificate in Mind, Brain, and Learning?
This certificate is a historical and comprehensive overview of the emergence of the learning sciences and Mind, Brain, and Education science. Mind, Brain, and Education science builds upon the learning sciences, neuroscience, psychology, pedagogy, and didactics. Through research and practice, you will examine the critical connections between neuropedagogy/neuroandragogy and assessment; neurodiversity in education and the workforce; and neuroscience, creativity, and innovation.
This graduate certificate is designed for faculty and staff within higher education, including but not limited to, current faculty, adjunct faculty, graduate teaching assistants, instructional designers, and administrators, as well as those seeking to work in these positions at four- and two-year institutions or in higher education-related fields. Those working in professional development and training within higher education (student affairs, human resource development, centers for teaching and learning, student success centers, continuing education) will also benefit from this certificate. The program is also ideal for those within corporations, government agencies, and associations who are engaged in professional development, training, or instructional design.
Certificate in Mind, Brain, & Learning Program Features
- 100% online, flexible program with innovative instruction that optimizes technology, active learning, and transfer of learning
- Customizable assignments that align with your current or future position
- Diverse faculty and practitioners with extensive experience in higher education, learning sciences, Mind, Brain, and Education science, creativity, Universal Design for Learning, and educational technology
- Connection to the E-LaBS research consortium, providing direct access to cutting-edge research and scholars in Mind, Brain and Learning Science
What Can I Do With a Certificate in Mind, Brain, & Learning?
The online Graduate Certificate in Mind, Brain & Learning prepares you to lead in both higher education and education-related fields. You can apply the skills you learn in this certificate to fulfilling careers in:
- Government Agencies
- Higher Education
- International Organizations
- National Associations
- Non-Government Organizations
- Non-Profit and For-Profit Organizations/Corporations
- Policy-Related Sectors
Certificate in Mind, Brain, and Learning Salary Expectations
This program prepares you for a number of roles within higher education in four-year and two-year institutions. While exact salaries can depend on location, title, and years of experience, some job titles you will be prepared for include:
- Education Administrators - $97,500
- Graduate Teaching Assistants - $33,700
- Instructional Designers - $66,970
- Postsecondary Teachers, Professors, Adjunct Professors - $80,790
- School and Career Counselors and Advisors - $58,120
Source: BLS, 2020
How Long Does it Take to Complete the Certificate?
The Graduate Certificate in Mind, Brain, and Learning is comprised of three classes, for a total of 9 quarter credits. You can complete this certificate in as little as one year.
Drexel University operates on a quarter system, which allows you to take more classes per year and finish your program sooner. Learn more about the quarter system.
Requirements for Online Certificate in Mind, Brain, & Learning
To be eligible for this program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university. In addition to your completed application, you will need to submit two letters of recommendation and an essay explaining why you are interested in this program. For a full list of requirements, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
Frequently Asked Questions
I work in higher education, is this certificate right for me?
Yes, the Graduate Certificate in Mind, Brain, and Learning is designed for individuals who work in higher education and are seeking to advance their knowledge, skills, and experience related to teaching, learning, and assessment with traditional and non-traditional students across dynamic learning environments. The real-world and experiential curriculum supports career development and advancement related to instruction, instructional design, professional development administration, and other areas related to innovative pedagogical and andragogical practice.
I work in K-12 education, is this certificate right for me?
Yes, this mind, brain, and teaching graduate education certificate is also for individuals who work in K-12 education. Those who would benefit from this program include administrators, individuals responsible for professional development, and curriculum designers who are seeking to advance their knowledge, skills, and experience related to teaching, learning, and assessment with students across online, hybrid, and face-to-face learning environments.
I work in a higher education-related field, is this certificate right for me?
Yes, the Graduate Certificate in Mind, Brain, and Learning is designed for individuals who work within higher education-related fields and are responsible for professional development, training, curriculum, or instructional design. The curriculum provides students with advanced knowledge, skills, and experience related to training and professional development.
- Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Education Policy
- MS in Higher Education Leadership
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CRTV 615||Neuroscience, Creativity, and Innovation||3.0|
|EDHE 620||Mind, Brain, and Learning||3.0|
|EDHE 621||Neuropedagogy and Assessment||3.0|
|EDHE 622||Neurodiversity in Education and Workforce||3.0|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1017 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1355 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 21, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.