Graduate Certificate in Naval Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Naval Engineering is designed for engineers from any discipline who work in the development, design, construction, operation, maintenance, or logistic support of ships. The coursework provides an overall view of shipboard engineering plants as well as the basic design and operating principles of the propulsion and auxiliary systems of today’s Naval forces. You will also learn the Department of Defense approach to systems engineering and how to apply it to Naval Operations.
The program can be completed in one year by taking one course per term, and the credits can be applied towards select Master's programs within the College of Engineering.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|SYSE 605||Naval Systems Engineering||3.0|
|SYSE 610||Naval Engineering for the 21st Century||3.0|
|Elective Courses (Choose Two)||6.0|
|SYSE 524||Systems Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability Analysis|
|SYSE 533||Systems Integration and Test|
|SYSE 611||Advanced Naval Engineering|
|SYSE 688||Systems Engineering Analysis|
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related science from an ABET-accredited institution
- A bachelor’s degree in the sciences (physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.) may also be accepted, however, you may be required to take additional courses
- Any degree earned abroad must be deemed equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in your bachelor’s degree as well as any subsequent graduate-level work
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1342 per credit.
For academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024