Graduate Certificate in Naval Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Naval Engineering is designed for engineers from any discipline who work in the development, design, construction, operation, maintenance, or logistic support of ships. The coursework provides an overall view of shipboard engineering plants as well as the basic design and operating principles of the propulsion and auxiliary systems of today’s Naval forces. You will also learn the Department of Defense approach to systems engineering and how to apply it to Naval Operations.
The program can be completed in one year by taking one course per term, and the credits can be applied towards select Master's programs within the College of Engineering.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|SYSE 605||Naval Systems Engineering||3.0|
|SYSE 610||Naval Engineering for the 21st Century||3.0|
|Elective Courses (Choose Two)||6.0|
|SYSE 524||Systems Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability Analysis|
|SYSE 533||Systems Integration and Test|
|SYSE 611||Advanced Naval Engineering|
|SYSE 688||Systems Engineering Analysis|
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related science from an ABET-accredited institution
- A bachelor’s degree in the sciences (physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.) may also be accepted, however, you may be required to take additional courses
- Any degree earned abroad must be deemed equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in your bachelor’s degree as well as any subsequent graduate-level work
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1342 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2022-2023 Academic Year
September 19, 2022
December 3, 2022
December 5, 2022
December 10, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 18, 2023
March 20, 2023
March 25, 2023
April 3, 2023
June 10, 2023
June 12, 2023
June 17, 2023
June 26, 2023
September 2, 2023
September 4, 2023
September 9, 2023
2021-2022 Academic Year
September 20, 2021
December 4, 2021
December 6, 2021
December 11, 2021
January 3, 2022
March 12, 2022
March 14, 2022
March 19, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 4, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 11, 2022
June 21, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 3, 2022
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.