Professional Online Certificate In Data Science Foundations
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Data Science Foundations
Drexel University's online Graduate Certificate in Data Science Foundations provides the basic skills in Python programming, exploratory data analytics using R, and more so students understand data acquisition and analytics in the digital transformation era. This 12-credit, 4-course program is offered entirely online making it convenient for working professionals interested in gaining the foundational skills to enter this fied.
Graduate Certificate in Data Science Foundations Program Features
- 12 credits, 4 courses
- Offered 100% online
- From Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Data Science Foundations may be stacked with other certificates to customize your education and/or earn credits toward a master's degree in data science.
- MS in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Machine Learning for Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|DSCI 511||Data Acquisition and Pre-Processing||3.0|
|DSCI 521||Data Analysis and Interpretation||3.0|
|Electives (Choose 2)
or CS 501
|Introduction to Programming|
|Data Structures and Algorithms|
|Introduction to Software Design|
|Quantitative Foundations of Data Science|
|Foundations of Data and Information|
|Database Management Systems|
|Information Systems Analysis and Design|
|Introduction to Data Analytics|
|Information Policy and Ethics|
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation required, two suggested (academic, professional, or bot)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you
- Additional requirements for International Students
You must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum configuration outlined in the College of Computing and Informatics's Computer and Technology Requirements Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1396 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024