Information Systems Online Certificate Program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Information Systems
Drexel University's online Graduate Certificate in Information Systems prepares students to apply and manage information systems to solve organizational problems. Students learn to use a human-centered approach to analyze information needs and design solutions to meet them as well as evaluate, compare, and select from alternative and emerging information technologies. This 15-credit, 5-course program is offered entirely online making it convenient for working professionals looking to gain foundational skills in a new field.
Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Program Features
- 15 credits, 5 courses
- Offered 100% online
- From Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics
Drexel University’s online Graduate Certificate in Information Systems may be stacked with other certificates to customize your education and/or earn credits toward a master's degree in information systems.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|INFO 517||Principles of Cybersecurity||3.0|
|INFO 540||Perspectives on Information Systems||3.0|
|INFO 605||Database Management Systems||3.0|
|INFO 608||Human-Computer Interaction||3.0|
|INFO 620||Information Systems Analysis and Design||3.0|
- A four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher, in a completed degree program, bachelor’s degree or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- One letter of recommendation required, two suggested (academic, professional, or both)
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you
- Additional requirements for International Students
You must have access to a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum configuration outlined in the College of Computing and Informatics's Computer and Technology Requirements Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is $1396 per credit.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students enrolled in an online graduate academic program will be charged a graduate online program fee of $125 per year.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2023-2024 Academic Year
September 26, 2023
December 9, 2023
December 11, 2023
December 16, 2023
January 8, 2024
March 16, 2024
March 18, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 1, 2024
June 8, 2024
June 10, 2024
June 15, 2024
June 24, 2024
August 31, 2024
September 3, 2024
September 7, 2024