Certificate of Advanced Study in Complementary and Integrative Therapies
The accredited online Certificate of Advanced Study in Complementary and Integrative Therapies (CIT) is designed to provide practicing healthcare professionals with an "evidence-based program" in complementary and integrative therapies. You'll be taught to assess, guide and evaluate patient use and to integrate CIT into your professional practice. The program provides you with the cultural and theoretical basis for applying complementary and integrative therapies while focusing on the skills and techniques of specific therapies.
This program is applicable to a wide range of healthcare professionals including nurses, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, creative arts therapists, couple and family therapists, women's health practitioners, members of oncology organizations, members of holistic health care organizations and more.
The program is congruent with the educational standards set forth by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA.) The Foundations in Clinical Aromatherapy course that is part of this certificate adheres to the level one educational standards set forth by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA.)
American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation, Inc. has endorsed Drexel University’s Complementary and Integrative Health Master's and Certificate Programs, which allows graduates of these programs to sit for the nationally accredited board certification in holistic nursing.
Questions? We're here to help!
College of Nursing and Health Professions Program Team
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CIT 501||Foundations of Phytotherapy||3.0|
|CIT 502||Foundations of Complementary and Integrative Therapies||3.0|
|CIT 503||Holistic Living For The Caregiver||3.0|
|Select one of the following:||3.0|
|CIH 507||Mindfulness Meditation|
|CIT 513||Yoga for the Enlightened Practitioner|
|CIT 534||Witches, Wise Women, and Women Healers|
|CIT 600||Foundations in Clinical Aromatherapy|
|CIT 602||Women's Integrative Health|
|CIT 621||Spirituality in Hospice and Palliative Care|
|CIT 622||Holistic Therapies in Hospice and Palliative Care|
|CIT 623||Cultural Perspectives in Hospice and Palliative Care|
|CIT 624||Foundations of Integrative Addiction Therapies|
|CIT 625||Spirituality, Empowerment, and Transformation|
|CIT 631||Introduction to Nutritional Neuroscience|
|CIT 658||Advanced Women's Integrative Health|
- Bachelor’s degree
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- If your GPA is lower, you're still encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on your resume. You must also provide two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study
- If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, this requirement can be waived
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Detailed resume
- Nurses, Physicians Assistants and other health professionals who hold licensure or a certificate must provide a copy of license, eligibility for licensure or certificate
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2021-2022 is $1037 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1152 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2020-2021 Academic Year
September 21, 2020
December 5, 2020
December 7, 2020
December 12, 2020
January 11, 2021
March 13, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 20, 2021
March 29, 2021
June 5, 2021
June 7, 2021
June 12, 2021
June 21, 2021
August 28, 2021
August 30, 2021
September 4, 2021
Apply to earn a Drexel degree online!
By starting or resuming an application to Drexel University, I accept that I may be contacted by phone, e-mail, direct mail, and text message.